Forums

Full Version: Galactic Map Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm new to the game, and I have a uqestion about my galactice map. My color is purple, and I have several planets, but recently my neighbor's territory (light blue) seems to have expanded into mine, engulfing my planets in their territory. At first I thought it was because they colonized a planet near our border, but then it grew for no reason I know of, and their color took over almost my entire region. Does anyone have any insite into this?

[Image: 10500526_10203081283206992_3758634048499...b4d9ee676e]
(06-20-2014 03:49 AM)Aysohmay Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm new to the game, and I have a uqestion about my galactice map. My color is purple, and I have several planets, but recently my neighbor's territory (light blue) seems to have expanded into mine, engulfing my planets in their territory. At first I thought it was because they colonized a planet near our border, but then it grew for no reason I know of, and their color took over almost my entire region. Does anyone have any insite into this?

An empire's "influence" over a region of space is a combination of the number of that empires colonies and that empire fuel range. So if they just tech'd up to better fuel cells, their "reach" has also grown.
(06-20-2014 03:58 AM)rocco Wrote: [ -> ]An empire's "influence" over a region of space is a combination of the number of that empires colonies and that empire fuel range. So if they just tech'd up to better fuel cells, their "reach" has also grown.

Their fuel cells must be way more advanced than mine then ._.

[Image: orion.jpg]
Yeah this seems a little nutty. I get that fuel range helps influence, but shouldn't actual colonized planets always be a more significant influence anchor than fuel range?
Well it's useful for telling who has relatively more fuel range when two planets are equidistance. (There is a minor tweak that would be nice- being able to toggle the grid for only your own fuel range so you could see how far the opponent's ships would go without being forced to look at the edge of the map and count squares.)
Reference URL's