Forums

Full Version: Hitting enemy ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My language is not English, so sorry if my English is not correct.

I just bought the game and I have a question :
If you hit an enemy ship what is the meaning of the different colours of minus points (purple, red and green I guess?) when hitting the ship.

And if you target a ship, you get a % under the cannon stats. Is that the change of hitting the enemy ship? Can you miss a enemy ship totally if for example you get a 25% of hitting?

Another question : I loaded two cannon decks of a ship, one with a 18lbs cannon (53% of hitting) and one with 32 lbs coronades (enemy out of range). How can you know before maneuvring the ship, what the range of certain cannons are? In this example, how do you know the different range between a 18lbs cannon and a 32lbs coronade?

I like wargames, those that needs a lot of asking around always end up of being the best.
Welcome! If you have more questions, keep in mind you can ask them in game in the persistent chat room ( tap "PLAY ONLINE", tap "GALLEY". Leave a message, one of the player community will probably answer it when they log in and see it.

If you hit an enemy ship what is the meaning of the different colours of minus points (purple, red and green I guess?) when hitting the ship.

Green is damage to armor/structure, Blue is damage to sails, red is damage to crew, white is damage to cannons.

Generally, the type of shot you load (round, bar, grape) will inflict the damage its designed to, but there is a percentage chance that an individual shot will damage something else instead (such as round shot hitting the sails instead of the hull).

And if you target a ship, you get a % under the cannon stats. Is that the change of hitting the enemy ship? Can you miss a enemy ship totally if for example you get a 25% of hitting?

Percentage chance each individual ball has to hit the target or miss completely. Your range and the poundage of the cannons will determine what the percentage is. If you tap on the percentage, it will change to display an estimate damage amount.

Another question : I loaded two cannon decks of a ship, one with a 18lbs cannon (53% of hitting) and one with 32 lbs coronades (enemy out of range). How can you know before maneuvring the ship, what the range of certain cannons are? In this example, how do you know the different range between a 18lbs cannon and a 32lbs coronade?

Load your cannons with shot. Once you do, and that ship is selected, there will be red hex outlines on every space you can fire on. There will be multiple red outlines on some spaces; these represent that two or more of your gun decks can hit that space. There is currently no mechanism for seeing range without loading shot. You can then unload your cannons after checking range if necessary.
Thank you for the quick reply! Seems you follow your games very close. Much appreciated!
Reference URL's