Forums

Full Version: Aardzol Enters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! I'm Aardzol and I'm new to SO, in fact I've not yet purchased the game. I'm very tempted to buy but I wanted to find out whether there are any in-game tutorials to teach the basics, or whether you are just thrown in at the deep end. I've never really played RTS games before and want to make sure I have some clue as to what I'm doing

Thanks.
(12-08-2011 08:26 AM)Aardzol Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all! I'm Aardzol and I'm new to SO, in fact I've not yet purchased the game. I'm very tempted to buy but I wanted to find out whether there are any in-game tutorials to teach the basics, or whether you are just thrown in at the deep end. I've never really played RTS games before and want to make sure I have some clue as to what I'm doing

Thanks.

There's an in game help menu, but the better tutorial atm is actually on the forums here. There's also a video out there somewhere of the early game...
this one?

Aardzol... this game's not an RTS - its TBS (turn based strategy) also known as 4x (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate I think??)
(12-08-2011 08:55 AM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote: [ -> ]this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbQ7WLaVk7I

Aardzol... this game's not an RTS - its TBS (turn based strategy) also known as 4x (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate I think??)

That'd be the one. And it's a bit less on the "exploit" atm until diplomacy goes in. Mostly just explore, expand, exterminate Tongue
Reference URL's