Forums
Saved game mess - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Research Lab (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saved game mess (/showthread.php?tid=1900)

Saved game mess - roalan - 06-25-2013 05:09 AM

Rococo there must be something wrong with the saved game in ver 1.2.0 because I can go back and bring up certain saved games but not others within the same game. The last game I played a couple of weeks ago ,and sent you the crashes and logs, started to work fine right up till end of the game like from move 100 till 250 and victory. I can still go back and load the lady move . In the new game on a mass Univ.. I can reload move 5 but not move 8 or 9 . If I can get past these moves perhaps at latter in the game the saves will work ? This is very frustrating to keep trying to reload and going through the steps over and over . Your not answering my e- mails doesn't help. Would like to know what is going on before I write this mess off.

BobSad

RE: Saved game mess - rocco - 06-25-2013 05:37 AM

There is at least one crash bug in live version which happens based upon AI decisions; thus, it won't always happen and may not be predictable.

As I have told you in emails, I have confirmed the game you submitted to me works fine under the upcoming v1.2.1, and that once it is finished with testing, on the AppStore, and you've updated to it these specific crashes will stop.

RE: Saved game mess - roalan - 06-25-2013 07:44 AM

(06-25-2013 05:37 AM)rocco Wrote:  There is at least one crash bug in live version which happens based upon AI decisions; thus, it won't always happen and may not be predictable.

As I have told you in emails, I have confirmed the game you submitted to me works fine under the upcoming v1.2.1, and that once it is finished with testing, on the AppStore, and you've updated to it these specific crashes will stop.

Understood but does it work under ver 1.2.0 and note this if I try to load the crash eventually ,ten twenty times it suddenly works till next save so even if it works under 1.2.1 the first time etc it may crash later one .

RE: Saved game mess - rocco - 06-25-2013 07:58 AM

(06-25-2013 07:44 AM)roalan Wrote:  Understood but does it work under ver 1.2.0 and note this if I try to load the crash eventually ,ten twenty times it suddenly works till next save so even if it works under 1.2.1 the first time etc it may crash later one .

I played several turns on the game you sent, it did not crash. In addition, about 20 testers have been playing the new version for the past two months, and it is has had very few crashes.

In conclusion, your playing experience will be much more crash free once the new version with the fixes comes out.

RE: Saved game mess - roalan - 06-25-2013 12:33 PM

(06-25-2013 07:58 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(06-25-2013 07:44 AM)roalan Wrote:  Understood but does it work under ver 1.2.0 and note this if I try to load the crash eventually ,ten twenty times it suddenly works till next save so even if it works under 1.2.1 the first time etc it may crash later one .

I played several turns on the game you sent, it did not crash. In addition, about 20 testers have been playing the new version for the past two months, and it is has had very few crashes.

In conclusion, your playing experience will be much more crash free once the new version with the fixes comes out.

Ok will await version 1,2.1 and will advise if it works or not