Forums
Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Research Lab (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) (/showthread.php?tid=1974)

Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - Skins0815 - 08-20-2013 12:55 PM

Currently if you have Morph and one of your fleets gets slowed by spies, you can immediately do away with the speed penalty by moving that fleet to another system then moving it right back to where it was going, all in the same turn. I assume this is a bug and you wanted a fleet slowed by morph to be slowed until it reaches a system (either its original destination or a new one).
I haven't tested this but I bet you can also improve your ship speed mid-flight if you research star drive by using the same tactic. Again, I assume the intent is that the ship should reach a destination before obtaining the faster star drive, as it is normally with ships in transit.

RE: Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - bmike - 08-27-2013 11:37 AM

Now that's a good bug report.

RE: Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - VanderLegion - 08-27-2013 05:26 PM

(08-20-2013 12:55 PM)Skins0815 Wrote:  I haven't tested this but I bet you can also improve your ship speed mid-flight if you research star drive by using the same tactic. Again, I assume the intent is that the ship should reach a destination before obtaining the faster star drive, as it is normally with ships in transit.

You definitely can. I've used it many times in the past.

RE: Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - Diebo - 08-28-2013 02:45 AM

I am not sure if this is really a bug or not. We really are looking at two issues:

1. A ship shouldn't be able to upgrade its warp drive in-flight. But logically it shouldn't be able to do that for no cost without a starbase, either. And it currently does. I personally think it would be a cool nightmare to have ships of different speeds floating around, which would solve one problem, but would make the game much more difficult. To upgrade stardrive, you'd have to rebuild at a starbase. That might add more micromanagement to the game that is necessary, however.

2. Let that issue rest, and then the only issue remaining is Morph's ability to work around spies. Which happens pretty rarely. And it is his super-special ability. I don't see a problem in the big picture. I guess if it could be implemented that a successful spy slow event made Morph's ability to communicate with the fleet not work for that specific turn, that would be a pretty good compromise. I'd guess you (you being Roc) would have to check for positive spy event that turn for that specific fleet, if positive, then disable Morph's ability to redirect that fleet. Dunno how easy that would be.

If the opponent has Morph, I don't try to slow their fleet.

Another possible solution: Instead of making Morph a colony leader, make him a military leader. And only the fleet where he is commanding a ship can change movement orders. It would make more sense in some ways. Still provide a +10 CP as a bonus. And it would prevent that problem of all the merging fleets, if you could only move Morph around. Tactically, it would make Morph's ability more strategic.

RE: Bug with Morph and disrupt military (slowing a fleet) - rocco - 08-29-2013 03:10 AM

For the time being I'm inclined to leave this as is. I will put it on the WP as something to be looked into in the future.