Forums
pathetic newbie question - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Space Bar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: pathetic newbie question (/showthread.php?tid=2283)

pathetic newbie question - Sandyman - 02-22-2014 07:20 AM

Hey all. Just found about Starbase Orion and of course immediately bought it for my iPhone as a massive fan of MoO 1 and 2.

I have a question so basic as to be embarrassing. I am sure I am missing something super-obvious, but ... how does battle take place?

When I get a notification that conflict is occurring, I click on the red "battle" option and go to the fight. I can then give my ships orders.

But then when I watch the battle nothing happens. The ships don't move, they don't fight, they don't maneuver. They just sit there forever. How do I get them to engage one another? What am I missing.

For the love of God, Montresor, help me.

RE: pathetic newbie question - VanderLegion - 02-22-2014 07:46 AM

You give your orders, then combat actually happens over the course of the turn. So give your ships their orders, back out of the battle and end your turn. The next turn you'll be able to see the replay of the battle.

RE: pathetic newbie question - Sandyman - 02-22-2014 07:48 AM

(02-22-2014 07:46 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  You give your orders, then combat actually happens over the course of the turn. So give your ships their orders, back out of the battle and end your turn. The next turn you'll be able to see the replay of the battle.

Thank you so much. It is not actually spelled out in the tutorial, at least not that I saw, and of course is quite different from MoO.

Appreciate it.

RE: pathetic newbie question - VanderLegion - 02-22-2014 08:12 AM

No problem. Welcome to the community, it's a great game Smile