Forums
Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Galactic Council (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu (/showthread.php?tid=2707)

Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - Sanbi - 10-05-2014 08:41 AM

Sometimes on a large galaxy if you build a planetary expansion and forget to use it on that turn, you forget about it for a long time until by chance you click on that planet and find it again. The problem is when that happens sometimes your colony has auto-built another four planetary expansions, and if you click to use one of the "null" planetary expansions the rest all instantly vanish too. It's a huge waste because they're gone before you even get to try and scrap them.

My suggestion is to prevent a planet from building another planetary expansion if it already has one unused one.

RE: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - falanor4421 - 10-07-2014 02:56 AM

Nope. I don't like this. Because I will often, end game, queue up 2 or 3 on my large rich planet to get more CP. I'll do this because, as I go through the empire screen, I notice it has planets in that system. I don't want to have to find them all over again.

Sorry, no dice for me on this one.

RE: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - VanderLegion - 10-07-2014 05:49 AM

The better solution would be to prevent a planet from building more planetary expansions than there are empty planets in the system.

RE: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - Diebo - 10-07-2014 06:02 AM

(10-07-2014 05:49 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  The better solution would be to prevent a planet from building more planetary expansions than there are empty planets in the system.

That would be the best solution. The Sitrep reminds you every turn that you have an expansion ready to deploy. That was the quick fix.

My recommendation is to read your sitrep every turn (or at least every other). I read the sitrep every turn. One of the first things I do is build my expansions.

RE: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - rocco - 10-07-2014 07:05 AM

(10-07-2014 06:02 AM)Diebo Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 05:49 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  The better solution would be to prevent a planet from building more planetary expansions than there are empty planets in the system.

That would be the best solution. The Sitrep reminds you every turn that you have an expansion ready to deploy. That was the quick fix.

It does that already, on a per planet level. It doesn't do that at a system level, so you can have multiple planets in the system all building expansions at the same time.

Regardless, always room for improvement.

RE: Suggestion: prevent building more than one planetary expansion in queu - Sanbi - 10-07-2014 04:37 PM

This is actually what I meant. The best fix would be making the automatic builds switch to economic hoarding or to building something else. Sometimes I don't get a reoccurring sitrep if I miss the first turn, and then you have several planetary expansions but are only allowed to use one of them. This happens because if you have a planetary expansion to deploy but do not use it, it just builds more of them. If you're on a casual timer with a large galaxy, it's easy to forget on the next turn about a missed sitrep if it forgets to nag you.