Forums
Cerebral cortex? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Space Bar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Cerebral cortex? (/showthread.php?tid=2894)

Cerebral cortex? - Thevasscollective - 12-11-2015 12:20 PM

I was wondering why the cerebral cortex tech you get with cerebrum doesn't have a 2x stacking cost or one per ship limit

RE: Cerebral cortex? - VanderLegion - 12-11-2015 04:27 PM

(12-11-2015 12:20 PM)Thevasscollective Wrote:  I was wondering why the cerebral cortex tech you get with cerebrum doesn't have a 2x stacking cost or one per ship limit

Probably because you don't get a ton of RP from it and any slot you dedicate to a cortex is one you don't get to use on an actual useful-in-combat system.

RE: Cerebral cortex? - Thevasscollective - 12-13-2015 12:17 PM

[/quote]

Probably because you don't get a ton of RP from it and any slot you dedicate to a cortex is one you don't get to use on an actual useful-in-combat system.

[/quote]

True
And I messed up the quotes again....

RE: Cerebral cortex? - Sanbi - 12-13-2015 01:58 PM

Its not very useful. Only way I could see it being useful is if you built a large frigate fleet with cortex everywhere as a bluff and no one called the bluff. If they attacked you would lose all those weak ships which cost so much to produce.

Btw, how exactly does cerebral cortex work? Do the ships have to be parked at cerebrum's planet, and how does the +3 get added? If so does it stack with other bonuses like research centers/orbital labs?

RE: Cerebral cortex? - dkrnel - 12-13-2015 02:15 PM

The +3 is literally just a +3 for each lab
It can be useful early game to just have a small side frigate fleet to add a bit of research

Especially with pacifist overhaul
And it can be anywhere, whether travelling or on the other side of the Galaxy from cerebrum

RE: Cerebral cortex? - Sanbi - 12-14-2015 06:45 AM

Maybe the purpose is to allow an industry race who happened to have stockpiled a lot of production to turn that into a research frigate armada.

RE: Cerebral cortex? - dkrnel - 12-15-2015 03:17 PM

Yeah that might be quite a good idea, + cerebrum sown bonuses that would be pretty effective