Forums
New Rules Options - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Admiral's Quarters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: New Rules Options (/showthread.php?tid=2941)

New Rules Options - Gametrog - 08-09-2016 02:22 AM

Greetings all, as I mentioned in the chat, I've come up with a new set of rules for the game that seem to add a nice twist.

When setting up a new game set the racial traits options to unlimited.

Then, set a cap on the selection available. For instance, you can pick 5 (or any agreed upon number) of traits.

After initial testing it seems limiting the core traits might be best. Core traits being Industry, Research, Food Production, Money & Farming.

You could limit the core to Tier 1 - only, or you could limit them to a certain number allowed (2 for instance), or both. This would keep everyone from just selection those five options and mix it up.

With a core limit this could bring back some of the traits that are not begin used as much anymore (piracy, BR, etc...).

This also might curtail the Industry/Nuke build that has come to dominate the scene lately.

I tell you, when you look at the tree now with a limit of 5 in mind, you look at it very differently.

So you could do:

Trog Rules, Tier 1 core, 5 limit.

Or you could just set any point value as a limit (instead of the normal 10), you could set it to 15, 20, etc...

So; Trog Rules, 18 point limit.

Let me know what you think.

If adopted I only ask that maybe they be referred to as "Trog Rules" Smile

RE: New Rules Options - trueVADER - 08-09-2016 08:11 AM

(08-09-2016 02:22 AM)Gametrog Wrote:  Greetings all, as I mentioned in the chat, I've come up with a new set of rules for the game that seem to add a nice twist.

When setting up a new game set the racial traits options to unlimited.

Then, set a cap on the selection available. For instance, you can pick 5 (or any agreed upon number) of traits.

After initial testing it seems limiting the core traits might be best. Core traits being Industry, Research, Food Production, Money & Farming.

You could limit the core to Tier 1 - only, or you could limit them to a certain number allowed (2 for instance), or both. This would keep everyone from just selection those five options and mix it up.

With a core limit this could bring back some of the traits that are not begin used as much anymore (piracy, BR, etc...).

This also might curtail the Industry/Nuke build that has come to dominate the scene lately.

I tell you, when you look at the tree now with a limit of 5 in mind, you look at it very differently.

So you could do:

Trog Rules, Tier 1 core, 5 limit.

Or you could just set any point value as a limit (instead of the normal 10), you could set it to 15, 20, etc...

So; Trog Rules, 18 point limit.

Let me know what you think.

If adopted I only ask that maybe they be referred to as "Trog Rules" Smile

Brilliant Idea!

Here's my proposal:

2x6 2x3 4x2 and 1x1 points positive traits.

Should allow powerful new builds but force enough diversification! What you guys think? Needs testing

Ostatni post - MartyVic - 01-26-2019 11:50 AM

I dont think I like this game. My first post was me blathering on about something that didnt have anything to do with pinball. I know Weird, right?