Forums
awesome game! - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Space Bar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: awesome game! (/showthread.php?tid=73)

Pages: 1 2

awesome game! - thebardofblasphemy - 10-17-2011 02:38 PM

Just wanted to voice my appreciation - I loved the old orion games when I was growing up in the 90s. This app is a very faithful port - all the pains and triumphs of the original are here.

Look forward to future updates Smile

RE: awesome game! - Xarius - 10-19-2011 06:18 AM

(10-17-2011 02:38 PM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  Just wanted to voice my appreciation - I loved the old orion games when I was growing up in the 90s. This app is a very faithful port - all the pains and triumphs of the original are here.

Look forward to future updates Smile

Agreed completely.

RE: awesome game! - apsoto - 10-19-2011 01:47 PM

Yep, it's been fun in single player, can't wait to have multiplayer stable enough to play. I've not been able to get any games past a turn or two.

I either get 'Error 5' or it crashes during turn decompressing.

Looking forward to the updates....

RE: awesome game! - :-) - 10-22-2011 05:37 AM

I LOVE this game- just bought it

Reminds me of sins of a solar empire

It requires though more in depth fighting and battle control thougH!

RE: awesome game! - Treksdot - 10-22-2011 09:15 AM

Buh? Which game are you saying requires more depth and fighting control?

RE: awesome game! - thebardofblasphemy - 10-22-2011 11:59 PM

jeez... i am way too addicted to this game at the moment... i've got about 5 MP games on the go - it's almost too much to keep on top of.

multiplayer is absolutely excellent... i haven't played a single player game for ages now (at least three whole days Tongue )

RE: awesome game! - VanderLegion - 10-23-2011 11:05 AM

(10-22-2011 11:59 PM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  jeez... i am way too addicted to this game at the moment... i've got about 5 MP games on the go - it's almost too much to keep on top of.

multiplayer is absolutely excellent... i haven't played a single player game for ages now (at least three whole days Tongue )

Agreed. I beat one single player game, have another one going thats at like turn 300 or something (3 comptuers), but haven't been playing it, jsut been doin the multiplayer. Probably gonna go remove a coupla the ones I made last week that ppl haven't been playing to make new ones. I really only have 2 that are playing very often, then a coiupla more that are maybe a time or two a day.

RE: awesome game! - thebardofblasphemy - 10-24-2011 03:37 PM

haha, I think I've got a game going against you right now (unless there is more than one VanderLegion). Shout-out also to BailKnight with whom i'm locked in a life-or death battle.

the MP games take forever comparded to SP games... I reckon they'd go quicker if you organised in advance to both be online at the same time. I think, for me, being in Australia and the Oz time zone means often I'm online while my matchups are not.

They are intense, though... it means so much more to go into battle against a human, knowing you can't "save-scum" (test how the battle goes and reload if you don't like it!) and knowing that you're not going to get any easy hits like you can against the AI in single player.

RE: awesome game! - VanderLegion - 10-24-2011 04:05 PM

(10-24-2011 03:37 PM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  haha, I think I've got a game going against you right now (unless there is more than one VanderLegion). Shout-out also to BailKnight with whom i'm locked in a life-or death battle.

the MP games take forever comparded to SP games... I reckon they'd go quicker if you organised in advance to both be online at the same time. I think, for me, being in Australia and the Oz time zone means often I'm online while my matchups are not.

They are intense, though... it means so much more to go into battle against a human, knowing you can't "save-scum" (test how the battle goes and reload if you don't like it!) and knowing that you're not going to get any easy hits like you can against the AI in single player.

Yup, that's me.

RE: awesome game! - dawgs4ever - 10-26-2011 01:15 PM

Agree - great game.

But holy moses - I am getting soooooo tired of all the crashes. Crashing endlessly. I restartand it crashes a turn or two later. Have to keep restarting my games. Using Iphone 4 and OS5.