Forums
New player -- some quick help? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums)
+-- Forum: Starbase Orion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Space Bar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New player -- some quick help? (/showthread.php?tid=832)

New player -- some quick help? - nosoup4crr - 03-13-2012 10:52 AM

Hey, guys. I'm wondering if anyone's created a more thorough guide -- a wiki, or something? Playing the tutorial and running through my first game, there are still a handful of things which I'm curious about.

RE: New player -- some quick help? - Dorjan24 - 03-13-2012 11:11 AM

just reading the forum helps... I'll fish out a thread for you

here's one:

http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forums/showthread.php?tid=783&pid=4186#pid4186

I hope it helps

RE: New player -- some quick help? - Bruin - 03-14-2012 01:30 AM

(03-13-2012 10:52 AM)nosoup4crr Wrote:  Hey, guys. I'm wondering if anyone's created a more thorough guide -- a wiki, or something? Playing the tutorial and running through my first game, there are still a handful of things which I'm curious about.
Is there anything in particular you're curious about?

RE: New player -- some quick help? - nosoup4crr - 03-14-2012 05:33 AM

(03-14-2012 01:30 AM)Bruin Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 10:52 AM)nosoup4crr Wrote:  Hey, guys. I'm wondering if anyone's created a more thorough guide -- a wiki, or something? Playing the tutorial and running through my first game, there are still a handful of things which I'm curious about.
Is there anything in particular you're curious about?

well, some things have become more clear since having asked this questions. Maybe, I should've waited and just paid more attention when I played. Things that I believe I have a better grasp on now:

1) how upgraded buildings work (whether they replace bonuses with their own or add onto them).
2) whether increased galaxy size only affects the density of systems within a fixed galaxy-size or the area of the entire galaxy.

Things I'm still pretty clueless about:

1) How does population growth work, exactly?
2) What's the ratio of hoarded production when using economic hoarding?
3) What's the purpose of upgraded hull levels?

(also, thanks for the link to that thread to the above poster)

RE: New player -- some quick help? - VanderLegion - 03-14-2012 05:49 AM

(03-14-2012 05:33 AM)nosoup4crr Wrote:  1) How does population growth work, exactly?
Each planet will show + some growth. Say a given planet has +50k population growth. Each colonist on a planet represents 1 million population, so at 50k growth, you'll get a new colonist on that planet every 20 turns, 100k growth every 10 turns etc. I'm not sure if growth rolls over if you have some extra when you hit the million. Not sure how exactly starvation works either for when you lose a new person, if you have to lose a million population, or just down below the last million you hit or what (so if you just got a new population, could he starve back off just a couple turns or would it need longer?)
Quote:2) What's the ratio of hoarded production when using economic hoarding?
You hoard 100% of the production you would normally get if you were building something, so if you have a buiding that would normally take 6 turns to build, then hoarded for 5 turns, you'd only need 1 more turn to build said building if you switched over, or if you hoarded 6 turns, it'd show 0 turns and you'd have some spillover.
Quote:3) What's the purpose of upgraded hull levels?
Not sure what you mean here, Cruiser I, Cruiser II, Cruiser III? If that's the case, there is no difference.

(also, thanks for the link to that thread to the above poster)
[/quote]