Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.3 General Feedback
06-17-2014, 02:04 AM
RE: v1.2.3 General Feedback
(06-16-2014 03:34 AM)Davabled Wrote:  Are allied ships supposed to be taken into account for overwhelming force?

Example: I send a fleet of a dozen or more ships to attack the enemy. To help ensure success, my ally sends 1 or 2 ships plus a bunch of troop transports to take the planet. Currently, in the live game, my ally's ships would be destroyed due to overwhelming force. This feels wrong. I haven't had the time to test this scenario in the beta, but with the team tournament starting soon, was hoping someone could test it out or comment on it.

Sloth sent a game. I made changes such that it looks like it works now, but the changes were low level so will need plenty of help confirming I didn't break anything while fixing this. Will be in the next build (hopefully tonight).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Great news! I should be able to do a lot of testing this week.

As for Piracy, while I like Diebo's idea, at the end of the day having a random chance for something to happen (good or bad) usually leaves a player feeling cheated.
06-17-2014, 08:12 AM
You might want to fix the 404 error when clicking on the link to the wiki in the game - if I were a new player to the game, and I clicked the link to the wiki and got a 404 error, that would leave me with enough of a bad impression that I might leave a bad review.

I realize the Wiki is very badly outdated, but even if you put up a quick html page saying "We've temporarily taken down the wiki while we look for a better option, but in the meantime please feel free to post questions in the forum located here (link).", it would leave a much better impression.
06-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I got an iPad Air that I need added to the next test build Smile Registered it on TestFlight

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
06-17-2014, 11:56 AM
(06-17-2014 08:12 AM)Davabled Wrote:  I realize the Wiki is very badly outdated, but even if you put up a quick html page saying "We've temporarily taken down the wiki while we look for a better option, but in the meantime please feel free to post questions in the forum located here (link).", it would leave a much better impression.

Yeah; I've just been debating whether its worth putting back up at all. Much of it was outdated and opening it up for editing was just a spam-tastic nightmare. I'd rather just remove the button from the game.
06-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Something is messed up with the calculation of morale on research when using sanctioned pirates. It seems to negate all morale bonuses or penalties, including freethinking bonus.

No problems for the industry or farming morale calculations.

Also, the recipient of successful "disrupt research" spy events is not getting any notification. Submitted a bug report.
06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
(06-19-2014 10:49 AM)Skins0815 Wrote:  Something is messed up with the calculation of morale on research when using sanctioned pirates. It seems to negate all morale bonuses or penalties, including freethinking bonus.

No problems for the industry or farming morale calculations.

If the bonus from the morale calculation is 0, then the line item is not displayed as it is not a contributing factor. You can see that behavior in industry by moving some of the workers down to research. This is the same behavior in live.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-19-2014, 12:47 PM
After Skins post I decided to test this. With piracy and Persnickity, I had a -10% morale penalty. Then, after adding Sanctioned sports (20% morale boost) It showed a +9% Morale, instead of the +10 I was expecting. I'll send in a bug report shortly.

You getting sick of me yet, Rocco?
06-19-2014, 12:52 PM
(06-19-2014 12:47 PM)Davabled Wrote:  You getting sick of me yet, Rocco?

Of course not, keep them coming! If you look at the whipping post, you can see I'm actually keeping pace with you Tongue
06-19-2014, 01:21 PM
(06-19-2014 12:52 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(06-19-2014 12:47 PM)Davabled Wrote:  You getting sick of me yet, Rocco?

Of course not, keep them coming! If you look at the whipping post, you can see I'm actually keeping pace with you Tongue

Dang, look at you go! That's awesome!

Hrm... Oh, I think you missed a freckle on Paramecium's chin...Angel