Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aardzol Enters
12-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Aardzol Enters
Hey all! I'm Aardzol and I'm new to SO, in fact I've not yet purchased the game. I'm very tempted to buy but I wanted to find out whether there are any in-game tutorials to teach the basics, or whether you are just thrown in at the deep end. I've never really played RTS games before and want to make sure I have some clue as to what I'm doing

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
RE: Aardzol Enters
(12-08-2011 08:26 AM)Aardzol Wrote:  Hey all! I'm Aardzol and I'm new to SO, in fact I've not yet purchased the game. I'm very tempted to buy but I wanted to find out whether there are any in-game tutorials to teach the basics, or whether you are just thrown in at the deep end. I've never really played RTS games before and want to make sure I have some clue as to what I'm doing

Thanks.

There's an in game help menu, but the better tutorial atm is actually on the forums here. There's also a video out there somewhere of the early game...
12-08-2011, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 08:59 AM by thebardofblasphemy.)
this one?

Aardzol... this game's not an RTS - its TBS (turn based strategy) also known as 4x (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate I think??)
12-08-2011, 08:59 AM
(12-08-2011 08:55 AM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbQ7WLaVk7I

Aardzol... this game's not an RTS - its TBS (turn based strategy) also known as 4x (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate I think??)

That'd be the one. And it's a bit less on the "exploit" atm until diplomacy goes in. Mostly just explore, expand, exterminate Tongue