Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Studders after ios8 upgrade
09-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Studders after ios8 upgrade
After installing ios8 on my iPad air, I'm experiencing studders/small freezes when opening the empire screen. I'm unable to scroll up or down for a second or so, and then it starts working again. Anyone else with the same issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2014, 05:46 AM
RE: Studders after ios8 upgrade
I am, on an iPad 3. I would be helpful if anyone else experiencing these iOS8 issues to post them here, include your device.
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Since updating to iOS 8, I am having problems scrolling on the empire screen, and also the racial traits. I am on an iPhone 5s and will submit a bug report right now. Smile

GC: dohanlon

Yes, my avatar is an impossibly cute rendition of Garrus Vakarian. No, I am not a 12-year-old Japanese girl. Big Grin
09-24-2014, 02:39 AM
I had the issue occur on an iPhone 5. Since then I've upgraded to the iPhone 6 and am still experiencing the stutter issue.
09-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Thanks! We're testing a fix for this now, will be submitting an update to Apple soon (which means it will be 7-14 days before Apple reviews, approves, and it goes live).
09-25-2014, 07:11 PM
I can't pick custom races on my iPhone 6 due to this bug...
10-02-2014, 04:21 PM
sorry to be late to the game on this, yes iOS8 really impacts the scrolling. saw that a fix is on the way, so huge thumbs up.

Roc, any thought to the notification volume?? still crazy loud vs other apps, and insane when listening to music through the car or headphones... BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon
10-02-2014, 11:16 PM
(10-02-2014 04:21 PM)xAlZx Wrote:  Roc, any thought to the notification volume?? still crazy loud vs other apps, and insane when listening to music through the car or headphones... BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple doesn't provide any APIs to allow users to change the volume of notifications individually. I could lower it for everybody, but it'd have to wait for the next update (it requires a new app build to change).
10-03-2014, 06:37 AM
(10-02-2014 11:16 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 04:21 PM)xAlZx Wrote:  Roc, any thought to the notification volume?? still crazy loud vs other apps, and insane when listening to music through the car or headphones... BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple doesn't provide any APIs to allow users to change the volume of notifications individually. I could lower it for everybody, but it'd have to wait for the next update (it requires a new app build to change).

Yes, Please! I almost got into an accident the first time I was driving and listening to my iPhone's music through my car speakers and that notification came through. darn near blew out my speakers. I've since disabled sound notification for Starbase Orion on all my devices.