Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IOS8 scrolling bug
10-12-2014, 04:26 PM
IOS8 scrolling bug
Well, the new version 1.2.4 seems to have a worse scrolling bug. On the left hand menu, if you start your attempted scroll over the group items lime Your Turn, New Games, etc. it does not scroll. If you happen to realize thus, and, luckily figure out if you open one of those menus, and, scroll starting at say a game, it does scroll.

On the empire screen, as another example, if you start your scroll on the left on a planet name, it never scrolls. If you start on the thick horizontal line, it scrolls.

I also see several messages about this. I tried to post solution in the space bar. But posting here as well.

Much worse than the previous version. At least on ios 8.0.2, for me, on iPod and iPad. Though they behave slightly differently probably due to screen size. On the iPod, it tends to open whatever you start our scroll on if openable.

GC ID: E45y Rid3r
Season 1 Saturn Division Champion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: IOS8 scrolling bug
(10-12-2014 04:26 PM)sfatula Wrote:  Well, the new version 1.2.4 seems to have a worse scrolling bug. On the left hand menu, if you start your attempted scroll over the group items lime Your Turn, New Games, etc. it does not scroll. If you happen to realize thus, and, luckily figure out if you open one of those menus, and, scroll starting at say a game, it does scroll.

On the empire screen, as another example, if you start your scroll on the left on a planet name, it never scrolls. If you start on the thick horizontal line, it scrolls.

I also see several messages about this. I tried to post solution in the space bar. But posting here as well.

Much worse than the previous version. At least on ios 8.0.2, for me, on iPod and iPad. Though they behave slightly differently probably due to screen size. On the iPod, it tends to open whatever you start our scroll on if openable.
I am on an iPad 1 so no IOS 8 for me. No vertical scrolling works for me anywhere. Sit rep, all screens, lists. Only the map and horizontal scrolling in ship design, I.e. swipe to change from frigate to destroyer.
10-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Well, that's disappointing. Would you mind trying the race selection screen (the one where you choose "Amazing Industralists" or "Free Thinking"), and let me know how that's scrolling for you.

There two distinct cased of scrolling in SO; there's the menus like the multiplayer "New Game"/"Game Over" left menu and the Empire screen which use UITableViews. And then there's ones like the race picker which uses a UIScrollView. If the race picker works for you, then it looks like I fixed the UIScrollViews while making the UITableViews worse? Which would be useful information to know.

Also, on the iPad one case, sorry about that. While I had a couple of volunteer testers on iOS8 (including myself on an iPad), I don't have anyone on iOS 5 anymore. I will need to see if I can get my hands on one.
10-12-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 11:27 PM by Karlsen.)
On the iPad 1 the Race Selection screen (or should I say frame, because it seems to sit in one) does scroll properly. It's the only vertical scroll I have found that does work. Choosing a new tech to research when you can't scroll down to see them is challenging to say the least :-)
(10-12-2014 10:14 PM)rocco Wrote:  There two distinct cased of scrolling in SO; there's the menus like the multiplayer "New Game"/"Game Over" left menu and the Empire screen which use UITableViews. And then there's ones like the race picker which uses a UIScrollView. If the race picker works for you, then it looks like I fixed the UIScrollViews while making the UITableViews worse? Which would be useful information to know.
I would say that UITableViews is completely broken for iPad 1 (ios 5.1.1) and based on the space bar comments I can see, possibly ios6 as well. UIScrollViews (race picker) is working fine. The space bar doesn't scroll either.

On the plus side, when firing the game up it recognises my applecentre id much quicker than it used to.
10-13-2014, 02:13 AM
(10-12-2014 10:14 PM)rocco Wrote:  Well, that's disappointing. Would you mind trying the race selection screen (the one where you choose "Amazing Industralists" or "Free Thinking"), and let me know how that's scrolling for you.

There two distinct cased of scrolling in SO; there's the menus like the multiplayer "New Game"/"Game Over" left menu and the Empire screen which use UITableViews. And then there's ones like the race picker which uses a UIScrollView. If the race picker works for you, then it looks like I fixed the UIScrollViews while making the UITableViews worse? Which would be useful information to know.

For me, on my iPad and iPod, the custom race trait picker works perfectly, whereas before, it did not.

GC ID: E45y Rid3r
Season 1 Saturn Division Champion
10-13-2014, 05:06 PM
(10-12-2014 10:14 PM)rocco Wrote:  Also, on the iPad one case, sorry about that. While I had a couple of volunteer testers on iOS8 (including myself on an iPad), I don't have anyone on iOS 5 anymore. I will need to see if I can get my hands on one.

Since I don't see me getting off my iPad 1 any time soon and being a big fan of the game, I should sign up for testing!
10-14-2014, 12:02 AM
(10-13-2014 05:06 PM)Karlsen Wrote:  Since I don't see me getting off my iPad 1 any time soon and being a big fan of the game, I should sign up for testing!

Yes, you should Smile
10-14-2014, 03:20 AM
(10-12-2014 11:15 PM)Karlsen Wrote:  On the iPad 1 the Race Selection screen (or should I say frame, because it seems to sit in one) does scroll properly. It's the only vertical scroll I have found that does work. Choosing a new tech to research when you can't scroll down to see them is challenging to say the least :-)
(10-12-2014 10:14 PM)rocco Wrote:  There two distinct cased of scrolling in SO; there's the menus like the multiplayer "New Game"/"Game Over" left menu and the Empire screen which use UITableViews. And then there's ones like the race picker which uses a UIScrollView. If the race picker works for you, then it looks like I fixed the UIScrollViews while making the UITableViews worse? Which would be useful information to know.
I would say that UITableViews is completely broken for iPad 1 (ios 5.1.1) and based on the space bar comments I can see, possibly ios6 as well. UIScrollViews (race picker) is working fine. The space bar doesn't scroll either.

On the plus side, when firing the game up it recognises my applecentre id much quicker than it used to.

Yes. I have an iPad1 and there is no more horizontal scrolling ( other than the starmap) at all. Not in the space bar or research picks, and there is trouble when allocating workers on the planet to something else (from research to farming for example) and of course I can't scroll through my empire list. This is only since the new update. I did not have any problems before. Is there any way to uninstall the new update? I can't play at all right now!

-gloomcookie
10-14-2014, 03:28 AM
(10-14-2014 03:20 AM)Gloomcookie7 Wrote:  Yes. I have an iPad1 and there is no more horizontal scrolling ( other than the starmap) at all. Not in the space bar or research picks, and there is trouble when allocating workers on the planet to something else (from research to farming for example) and of course I can't scroll through my empire list. This is only since the new update. I did not have any problems before. Is there any way to uninstall the new update? I can't play at all right now!

If you sync your phone to a computer, its possible to install a backup of a previous version of an app.

We have an update submitted to Apple now that should address the scrolling issues; we've asked for an expedited review, but it's up to Apple to grant that Sad
10-14-2014, 03:36 AM
(10-14-2014 03:28 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 03:20 AM)Gloomcookie7 Wrote:  Yes. I have an iPad1 and there is no more horizontal scrolling ( other than the starmap) at all. Not in the space bar or research picks, and there is trouble when allocating workers on the planet to something else (from research to farming for example) and of course I can't scroll through my empire list. This is only since the new update. I did not have any problems before. Is there any way to uninstall the new update? I can't play at all right now!

If you sync your phone to a computer, its possible to install a backup of a previous version of an app.

We have an update submitted to Apple now that should address the scrolling issues; we've asked for an expedited review, but it's up to Apple to grant that Sad

I just remembered that it would not let me play until I updated. So I guess I am stuck with a pass and play with my friend here and there until this gets fixed. Sadness.

-gloomcookie