Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Badly Needed Feature
01-31-2012, 02:55 AM
Wink Badly Needed Feature
I really think there's some sort of "Unbalance game" option required to turn on the Psilo...err, brilliant researcher "Research one tech, get the rest free" behavior. Having a level playing field has really wrecked all my old MOO2 strategies Angel

Actually, despite this unfortunate correction, I'm really enjoying the game so far. Only thing I'm missing is the ultra-micro-management, move every ship by hand, tactical combat option. There's really nothing quite like designing a horde of highly specialized ship types that, properly micro-managed, can take on the Anta...well, let's just generalize that bit, the opposition and come out of every five-hour-long megafleet vs megafleet battle with substantially more ships than I had at the beginning of it, then use a fleet of their own ships to destroy a few colonies. Ah, happy times.

Al
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 03:05 AM
RE: Badly Needed Feature
(01-31-2012 02:55 AM)awrc Wrote:  Having a level playing field has really wrecked all my old MOO2 strategies Angel

Best quote ever!

Seriously though, I am not quite following your comment on brilliant researchers. What are you finding unbalanced about it?
01-31-2012, 07:03 PM
In a game I'm playing, my buddy has had 18 techs researched with no free techs.

It's a bug not a feature, brilliant researchers.
01-31-2012, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 11:19 PM by ddebernardy.)
Personally, I see brilliant researchers as a liability more than anything. I'd rather spend the 3-4 turns actually researching the techs in the order I want them, than to have a random one appear that ends up forcing me to choose two out of three techs I want badly. Much the same can be said about tech scavenging.
Early in the game, for instance, I'm happy to scavenge research center 2 or laser 2. I'd then grab center 3 or laser 3 and continue on as I like to. I'm much less happy to get hydroponics/city planning, because it makes factories appear (dunno if this'll continue in 1.1.0).

Game Center IDs: ddebernardy | ddb.testflight