Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.4 General Feedback
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
v1.1.4 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.1.4.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
RE: v1.1.4 General Feedback
Hoping this means the first build is imminent

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Can't wait to see what you guys think!

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Chomping at the bit as it downloads now.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
One thing on the limit for leaders - currently you have it set up so if you have your max number of leaders, you can't even bid on new ones as they come up, you have to dismiss one of your current leaders to bid, then you could still potentially lose the bidding and now you're down a leader as well as losing out on the new one.

I would argue that you should be allowed to bid on new leaders while at the maximum, but if you win it forces you to immediately dismiss one of your OTHER leaders (unable to dismiss the new one so you can't just bid on em and immediately dismiss to prevent opponenets from getting).

05-07-2012, 02:13 PM
(05-07-2012 02:08 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  I would argue that you should be allowed to bid on new leaders while at the maximum, but if you win it forces you to immediately dismiss one of your OTHER leaders (unable to dismiss the new one so you can't just bid on em and immediately dismiss to prevent opponenets from getting).

+1

I suppose it would allow a sufficiently wealthy player to prevent other players from getting certain leaders, but my first thought is that this won't be a big deal given the amount of resources that would be involved.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
05-07-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 02:21 PM by VanderLegion.)
Also: Spy bug with games against the AI. I've noticed it once or twice in the past, just had it happen in the beta so it reminded me. I'll occasionally have games (as I jsut ran into) where I'll kill an enemy offensive spy or the AI will have a spy successfully trigger against me on the same turn that we make contact - IE the same turn he should have had to assign the spies in the first place. Game submitted.

EDIT: I also just noticed that summary on the foreign screen shows the message that I captured that spy 3 times.

05-07-2012, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 02:29 PM by steveadams14.)
This version seems much less memory intensive than 1.1.3 on my iPod Touch 4th generation. I have not had a single crash yet, although I have only been playing for about 15-20 minutes, this is farther than I ever got in the final build of 1.1.3 however. So thank you Rocco. Smile The leaders are great too, and I can't wait to see what they all do (and look like).

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 02:51 PM by VanderLegion.)
Also, rocco, I'll have you know that releasing the beta tonight COMPLETELY screwed up my plans of working on my own game tonight...

Also, holy crap Gorzhons sounds awesome...
Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.

Well, found the answer to that along with another bug! Scout with Wretch was sabotaged by the AI again after he had arrived to captain it. If I go to the Leader screen it shows "Captain of the (null)", and I'm able to relocate him again to another ship (or would be able to if I had other ships).

So...many...awesome...leaders...
Okay, screw the easter bunny. Gorzhons is my new favorite leader...so far at least, haven't seen em all yet.

05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Also, rocco, I'll have you know that releasing the beta tonight COMPLETELY screwed up my plans of working on my own game tonight...

Also, holy crap Gorzhons sounds awesome...
Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.

Well, found the answer to that along with another bug! Scout with Wretch was sabotaged by the AI again after he had arrived to captain it. If I go to the Leader screen it shows "Captain of the (null)", and I'm able to relocate him again to another ship (or would be able to if I had other ships).

So...many...awesome...leaders...
Okay, screw the easter bunny. Gorzhons is my new favorite leader...so far at least, haven't seen em all yet.

There needs to be something beyond "Posting Freak" for you. maybe posting god? Smile And yes, the leaders are so epic.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.