Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.4 General Feedback
05-07-2012, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 02:59 PM by VanderLegion.)
RE: v1.1.4 General Feedback
(05-07-2012 02:53 PM)steveadams14 Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Also, rocco, I'll have you know that releasing the beta tonight COMPLETELY screwed up my plans of working on my own game tonight...

Also, holy crap Gorzhons sounds awesome...
Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.

Well, found the answer to that along with another bug! Scout with Wretch was sabotaged by the AI again after he had arrived to captain it. If I go to the Leader screen it shows "Captain of the (null)", and I'm able to relocate him again to another ship (or would be able to if I had other ships).

So...many...awesome...leaders...
Okay, screw the easter bunny. Gorzhons is my new favorite leader...so far at least, haven't seen em all yet.

There needs to be something beyond "Posting Freak" for you. maybe posting god? Smile And yes, the leaders are so epic.

Well, to be fair, right now I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap open to the forums while I play. Much easier to post bugs etc that way.
Is Gorzhons' hatchery supposed to be unique? I notice if I try to queue multiple up at once it own't let me, it'll add one, then remove again like tapping a building twice, but once one finishes building I'm able to build another one and have multiple at a time, just cna't queue em.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2012, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 03:19 PM by steveadams14.)
(05-07-2012 02:57 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 02:53 PM)steveadams14 Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Also, rocco, I'll have you know that releasing the beta tonight COMPLETELY screwed up my plans of working on my own game tonight...

Also, holy crap Gorzhons sounds awesome...
Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That makes me wonder: Can ships with leaders on them be sabotaged? That...would suck to have happen.

Well, found the answer to that along with another bug! Scout with Wretch was sabotaged by the AI again after he had arrived to captain it. If I go to the Leader screen it shows "Captain of the (null)", and I'm able to relocate him again to another ship (or would be able to if I had other ships).

Okay, screw the easter bunny. Gorzhons is my new favorite leader...so far at least, haven't seen em all yet.

There needs to be something beyond "Posting Freak" for you. maybe posting god? Smile And yes, the leaders are so epic.

Well, to be fair, right now I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap open to the forums while I play. Much easier to post bugs etc that way.

Funny, that's exactly what I'm doing. Smile
So... many... epic... leaders!!! have to catch my breath.
Possible bug, I had max leaders, then I dismissed one to hire another, but it still told me I had the maximum amount of leaders, even after I went for a few turns.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.
05-07-2012, 03:32 PM
(05-07-2012 02:57 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  I notice if I try to queue multiple up at once it own't let me, it'll add one, then remove again like tapping a building twice, but once one finishes building I'm able to build another one and have multiple at a time, just cna't queue em.

Yes, supposed to be unique.
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
(05-07-2012 03:04 PM)steveadams14 Wrote:  Possible bug, I had max leaders, then I dismissed one to hire another, but it still told me I had the maximum amount of leaders, even after I went for a few turns.

The limit is 3 leaders without Exopolitics, 5 leaders with. If you have less leaders than that and still have the warning, submit game file.
05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

Can you send me the crash log if it generated one?
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
(05-07-2012 03:36 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 02:29 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Found another bug/crash. I got a military leader (the one that prevents retreating and gives the 10 orbital bombardment). I sent him to a scout to see if I could snipe an AI colony. While he was enroute to the scout, said ship was sabotaged by my opponent and destroyed. When I then tried to go into the military tab of the leader view, the game crashed. Can't submit the bug since the crash wiped out the game back to last autosave which was before the sabotage.

Can you send me the crash log if it generated one?

Lemme check

05-07-2012, 03:44 PM
re: losing leaders to sabotage. My intention is that you should lose a leader if his/her ship is sabotaged. I don't plan an "assassination" spy event for v1.1.4, so this will serve as a stand in for now.
05-07-2012, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 03:50 PM by VanderLegion.)
Nope. Looks like the last crash log I've got from the beta is from 4-21.
(05-07-2012 03:44 PM)rocco Wrote:  re: losing leaders to sabotage. My intention is that you should lose a leader if his/her ship is sabotaged. I don't plan an "assassination" spy event for v1.1.4, so this will serve as a stand in for now.

Figured something like that. You should probably fix it so you actually LOSE the leader when the ship is sabotaged Angel

05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
re: bidding on leaders when at the leader limit.

I need to sleep on this one, but as of right now I like it as it is. I like the fact that bidding on leaders when at the limit should be risky. I also like it that this stops empires from willy-nilly just jacking up the price after they're full, it allows the under dogs to have a chance at getting a leader.
05-07-2012, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 05:03 PM by falanor4421.)
(05-07-2012 02:57 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Also, holy crap Gorzhons sounds awesome...

Your welcome. Rocco let me have almost free reign with some of the leaders, and I had real fun with Gorzhons Big Grin (Thankfully he liked my ideas!)

How do you guys like the civilization's new histories? Gotta say, I get shivers reading them... but I'm definitely a little biased on that one! Big Grin

Also, quick bug: somehow my game got tilted to profile mode, rather than landscape. I had to exit the game and actually shut it down with the home key option and restart it to fix it.
Note: I just purchased Governors Faye and Faun in a single player. As soon as the turn where I won them started I could see all the computer's fleets, without assigning the governors to a planet. Is this the intent? It would make sense to me, seeing the abilities of the other leaders, to only let their abilities come into effect when they are assigned to a planet.
Also, I only heard their dialogue when I reassigned them to a planet. Not when they came up for auction and not when I won them. And the dialogue was the first line: "We foresee you bidding strongly to hire us."
Another note (Im talkative right now, it seems, lol.) I know there is intended to be a 5 turn delay when reassigning leaders. But maybe, for their first assignment, it could be eliminated altogether, or changed to 3 turns. I know this was added to prevent winning bgveep, for instance, and instantly placing him on a planet about to be attacked. So I'm not sure if we want to change this. Just a thought.
Finally, there are some grammatical issues that I'm finding in the various descriptions. I'll compile what I find and send you a new copy with them all buffed out. Talk about embarrassing... amazing how easy it is to overlook stuff on a word document.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game