Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Obtaining leaders
05-18-2012, 04:47 AM
RE: Obtaining leaders
Something else that could easily be done to help would be to reduce the time added when you make a new bid from 2 turns to 1. That basically cuts in half the time spent bidding. Also, I know there's been at least a couple of times where I didn't actually have the cash to make another bid on the turn I got the notification I was outbid, I had to spend the extra turn funding to be able to afford it, so cutting it down to one turn could help reduce time that way as well, since you have less time to fund between bids theres a higher chance of one player not being able to afford it.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Now that's a good idea.

I like the bidding system now, it just needs a little tweaking. That might do it.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2012, 04:57 AM
My strategy typically when leaders show up that I want and expect a bidding war on has been to put everything to funding and start bidding. When I'm outbid, I let it sit and wait till the final turn to bid to build up more money in the meantime. Making it so you have to bid the turn you get the notification of being outbid would remove that option, and greatly speed things along.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-18-2012, 05:06 AM
(05-18-2012 04:47 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Something else that could easily be done to help would be to reduce the time added when you make a new bid from 2 turns to 1. That basically cuts in half the time spent bidding. Also, I know there's been at least a couple of times where I didn't actually have the cash to make another bid on the turn I got the notification I was outbid, I had to spend the extra turn funding to be able to afford it, so cutting it down to one turn could help reduce time that way as well, since you have less time to fund between bids theres a higher chance of one player not being able to afford it.

We'll try this in the next build.
05-18-2012, 05:46 AM
That would work wonders and be easy to impliment!

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012 12:12 PM by Teet_III.)
I like VL's idea to give less time to bid. Also like the idea of limiting the total number of turns available to bid, but speeding up bidding might do just as well.

I also like the idea of limiting the max leader count to 1 with two levels of exopolitics.

That still leaves the problem i have with making cash so important. What about creating a new currency, like "influence points" that can only be spent to purchase (or possibly affect) leaders?
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
I like the idea of less time to bid.

On the other hand, I dislike the idea of having only one leader without additional tech. That could lead to some extremely boring PvP games, in terms of leaders, where there's a bidding war or someone gets who they want and the other doesn't bother much, then the other player picks up their leader for 100.

It should be at least two, but personally I like it at three and favor the idea of solving problems with leaders through other means.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I could see the base as 2, lvl 1 as 4, and lvl 2 as 6. I think 6 would be a great amount, but thats just me.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
05-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I think the auctions are great. A perfect way to balance the leaders. They can all be unique and powerful, the players will balance them with cash.

Would be fun with some average statistics on closing bi for all leaders!

Probably bunny in top with 2000 cash and at the other end maybe left over leaders fot 150 that people just get while waiting for something else!

- Minimum bid of 100 could maybe be a multiple of turn. Ie later in the game higher value.
- yeah maybe have the leader price increase by a minimum of 20%

Cheers