Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Frequently Asked Questions
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
RE: Frequently Asked Questions
(05-22-2012 04:30 PM)Sanchez Wrote:  Thanks VL. I guess I got super lucky getting the tech I was researching 3 times in a row, so I thought something had changed. Maybe I wasn't lucky in fact since I guess there is no science carry over, so I guess I lost any accumulated tubes!

Finding a derelict will unlock a ship system or ship weapon tech. Finding ancient ruins will unlock a building-like tech (i'd have to check the exact here, but the idea is you won't unlock ship tech on planets). If you are finding derelicts and researching weapons the chances of unlocking your current research are higher.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2012, 02:20 AM
(05-22-2012 11:16 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(05-22-2012 04:30 PM)Sanchez Wrote:  Thanks VL. I guess I got super lucky getting the tech I was researching 3 times in a row, so I thought something had changed. Maybe I wasn't lucky in fact since I guess there is no science carry over, so I guess I lost any accumulated tubes!

Finding a derelict will unlock a ship system or ship weapon tech. Finding ancient ruins will unlock a building-like tech (i'd have to check the exact here, but the idea is you won't unlock ship tech on planets). If you are finding derelicts and researching weapons the chances of unlocking your current research are higher.

Ahh. Makes sense.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012 04:18 PM by falanor4421.)
Guys, I'd like to apologize for not getting the strategy thread up yet. I'be been traveling and just completed MEPS. Now that I'm done I have a few days free and plan to get it posted soon.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
(05-23-2012 04:17 PM)falanor4421 Wrote:  Guys, I'd like to apologize for not getting the strategy thread up yet. I'be been traveling and just completed MEPS. Now that I'm done I have a few days free and plan to get it posted soon.

Slacker! Angel

05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
(05-23-2012 04:21 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(05-23-2012 04:17 PM)falanor4421 Wrote:  Guys, I'd like to apologize for not getting the strategy thread up yet. I'be been traveling and just completed MEPS. Now that I'm done I have a few days free and plan to get it posted soon.

Slacker! Angel

Caught me! BlushTongue

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
05-24-2012, 12:43 AM
(05-22-2012 11:16 PM)rocco Wrote:  

Ah, that explains it, because I was up to 4 times in a row getting the tech I was researching.
05-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Well Sanchez, the answer is obviously clear. Rocco put a small piece of programming into the game just for you, so that every time you discovered "research" you would lose research points. The game would see that you were researching laser II, so it would then go "So lets have him discover a derelict!" Then when you would go "Okay fine. Factory I." It would go "Okay, lets have him find a ruin now!"

Wink
05-24-2012, 03:09 AM
(05-24-2012 02:50 AM)Nagov Wrote:  Well Sanchez, the answer is obviously clear. Rocco put a small piece of programming into the game just for you, so that every time you discovered "research" you would lose research points. The game would see that you were researching laser II, so it would then go "So lets have him discover a derelict!" Then when you would go "Okay fine. Factory I." It would go "Okay, lets have him find a ruin now!"

Wink

Well, currently you don't lose any RP from that, any you had spent toward your current research project when you discovered it would just apply to your next one.

05-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Hence, specially programmed just for him. Wink
05-24-2012, 03:56 AM
(05-24-2012 03:26 AM)Nagov Wrote:  Hence, specially programmed just for him. Wink

If that's the case, can that be programmed for me as well? Since if you're always discovering techs that you're researching, you're not actually losing RP, you're actually GAINING it, since if you've got 200 RP toward a 400 RP tech and discover that tech then go back to 0 RP, you didn't really lose 200 RP, you got 200 free RP to finish the tech a lot faster than if you'd actually finished researching it Tongue