Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Frequently Asked Questions
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 04:03 PM by Sanchez.)
RE: Frequently Asked Questions
If you scrap a level 2 building, say RC2, do you get 1/2 the production value for the RC2 building only, or RC1 + RC2? Seems like the former, yet the building disappears!
How can I tell what starbase level I have at a system?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2012, 04:38 PM
(06-22-2012 03:39 PM)Sanchez Wrote:  If you scrap a level 2 building, say RC2, do you get 1/2 the production value for the RC2 building only, or RC1 + RC2? Seems like the former, yet the building disappears!
How can I tell what starbase level I have at a system?

For the first question, I'm assuming the former, but don't actually know for sure.

For the starbase, about the only way to tell is to go to the build queue for one of the planets in the system and see if there's an upgrade available to build. If there isn't then you have whatever your highest level SB is. Otherwise it's 1 level below whatever you can build next (obviously).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
(06-22-2012 03:39 PM)Sanchez Wrote:  If you scrap a level 2 building, say RC2, do you get 1/2 the production value for the RC2 building only, or RC1 + RC2? Seems like the former, yet the building disappears!

Yup. You get half the cost of the upgrade, not half the total cost of the steps to build it.
03-16-2013, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 06:02 PM by tactfulgamer.)
(05-18-2012 09:17 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  What exactly does Biorich Fungi do?

Biorich Fungi increases food production on the affected planet by 4 food per turn. This works regardless of whether the planet is farmable or if you have any farmers.

How about Precious Metals?

Colonizing a planet with Precious Metals increases your empire's income by 10 credits per turn.

And Ancient Ruins?

Ancient ruins increase the number of research points you gain per researcher by 1 per turn.

Where does *Minerals* land in all this? I am guessing production boost since that is the only one not mentioned in the quote above.

Low Gravity Affinity/ High Gravity Affinity penalties for differing gravity plains?
03-16-2013, 06:12 PM
(03-16-2013 05:35 PM)tactfulgamer Wrote:  
(05-18-2012 09:17 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  What exactly does Biorich Fungi do?

Biorich Fungi increases food production on the affected planet by 4 food per turn. This works regardless of whether the planet is farmable or if you have any farmers.

How about Precious Metals?

Colonizing a planet with Precious Metals increases your empire's income by 10 credits per turn.

And Ancient Ruins?

Ancient ruins increase the number of research points you gain per researcher by 1 per turn.

Where does *Minerals* land in all this? I am guessing production boost since that is the only one not mentioned in the quote above.

Low Gravity Affinity/ High Gravity Affinity penalties for differing gravity plains?

Minerals aren't really related to those 3 questions since they're the specials you can find and all planets have a mineral value Tongue.

Anyway, Very poor gives 1 industry per worker, poor gives 2, abundant 3, rich 5, very rich 7. Modified by racials of course. I would recommend reading through the in game help text (the question mark symbol), this is all listed out in the Planets section.

Low gravity planets you have a 25% penalty with a normal grav race, 50% penalty with a high grav race (I think).

Normal grav planet you have a 25% penalty if you have a low or high grav race.

High grav planets you havea 50% penalty if you are a non-high grav race.

03-16-2013, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 06:41 PM by tactfulgamer.)
Thanks VL. I am playing a low grav race now. This is difficult. I have to look at the tach tree here in the front post so I can see where exactly is that Gravity Alteration Tech. I need that ASAP!

I am getting penalized by the chunks on research & prod. Sucks because I only have one low grav planet, the rest are normal.
One thing is definite, teaches you how to exploit every nook and cranny. I am constantly shifting my workers from prod to resrch to farm.

*EDIT*
How did I ever miss that!!
That in game help text is a blessing. Thanks for pointing that out.
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 06:46 PM by VanderLegion.)
(03-16-2013 06:31 PM)tactfulgamer Wrote:  Thanks VL. I am playing a low grav race now. This is difficult. I have to look at the tach tree here in the front post so I can see where exactly is that Gravity Alteration Tech. I need that ASAP!

I am getting penalized by the chunks on research & prod. Sucks because I only have one low grav planet, the rest are normal.
One thing is definite, teaches you how to exploit every nook and cranny. I am constantly shifting my workers from prod to resrch to farm.

*EDIT*
How did I ever miss that!!
That in game help text is a blessing. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yup, it has a lotta good info, figured it might save you some time waiting for people to reply to some of your questions Smile. Planetary gravity generators show up pretty early in the astrophysics tech tree. That being said, low gravity is pretty much not at all worth the points you get from it.

rocco: Maybe a mention of the help text somewhere in the tutorial would be helpful?

03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I definitely overlooked that in the tutorial. My bad all, sorry!

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
07-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Greetings,
How do I add an Avatar in Multi-Player?
07-16-2013, 05:33 AM
(07-15-2013 01:52 PM)Gametrog Wrote:  Greetings,
How do I add an Avatar in Multi-Player?

It uses your Game Center avatar, which you add by going into the Game Center app and adding a photo