05-30-2012, 02:55 AM
Leaders
When do we get them?

Gc ID: skwerm70
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Leaders
(05-30-2012 02:55 AM)Skwerm Wrote:  When do we get them?

Soon as Apple finishes reviewing 1.1.4, should be this week sometime.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-30-2012, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2012 07:32 AM by BSG.)
(05-30-2012 02:59 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  

Soon as Apple finishes reviewing 1.1.4, should be this week sometime.

Yes, finally, but when I update the game does it apply to saved sp games from older versions?
05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
(05-30-2012 07:32 AM)BSG Wrote:  Yes, finally, but when I update the game does it apply to saved sp games from older versions?

Yes; if you update to the latest your old games will start using the new v1.1.4 rules and features.
06-02-2012, 02:45 AM

Ok, so I got a leader. Now how do I use them? I see he has a system, empire and ultimate bonus. Right now he's been set to go to one of my planets it appears isntead of being in the "empire" or "ultimate" location. If I click relocate, the only option is to send him to another system. How do I assign him to Empire or Ultimate?
06-02-2012, 02:52 AM
(06-02-2012 02:45 AM)dawgs4ever Wrote:  

Ok, so I got a leader. Now how do I use them? I see he has a system, empire and ultimate bonus. Right now he's been set to go to one of my planets it appears isntead of being in the "empire" or "ultimate" location. If I click relocate, the only option is to send him to another system. How do I assign him to Empire or Ultimate?

The empire bonuses apply to everything regardless of where (or if) the leader is assigned for colony leaders, they take effect as soon as you obtain the leader. The ultimate bonus depends on the leader, some are empire wide so they work similar to empire bonuses, others are specific to the planet so they'll apply as soon as the leader arrives at a planet he's assigned to, same as the planet bonuses.

Ship leaders are a little different as they have fleet bonuses as opposed to empire wide bonuses, so they have to be assigned to a ship, then once they arrive that ship will get the leader's ship bonus and any other ships in the same fleet will get the fleet bonus.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
06-02-2012, 02:58 AM
(06-02-2012 02:52 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:45 AM)dawgs4ever Wrote:  

The empire bonuses apply to everything regardless of where (or if) the leader is assigned for colony leaders, they take effect as soon as you obtain the leader. The ultimate bonus depends on the leader, some are empire wide so they work similar to empire bonuses, others are specific to the planet so they'll apply as soon as the leader arrives at a planet he's assigned to, same as the planet bonuses.

Ship leaders are a little different as they have fleet bonuses as opposed to empire wide bonuses, so they have to be assigned to a ship, then once they arrive that ship will get the leader's ship bonus and any other ships in the same fleet will get the fleet bonus.

Wow, ok thanks VL. These bonuses seem awfully powerful. Surprised they can't use only one of their three bonuses at a time.
06-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Has Anyone considered a snowball effect? I.e if an opponent already has a lot of money they will continue to win leaders and their fleets / systems will snowball in power making it very hard if not impossible to catch up? I have seen the last few patches generally work against such an effect but with the way leaders are implemented it may unbalance the game drastically?
06-02-2012, 03:35 AM
(06-02-2012 03:11 AM)Monduras Wrote:  Has Anyone considered a snowball effect? I.e if an opponent already has a lot of money they will continue to win leaders and their fleets / systems will snowball in power making it very hard if not impossible to catch up? I have seen the last few patches generally work against such an effect but with the way leaders are implemented it may unbalance the game drastically?

There is a limit to the number of leaders each empire can have. The base limit is 3, but you can research exopolitics to get up to 5. Once you reach your limit, you are barred from bidding on any other leaders. There are 18 leaders total, and the all of them are good.

There are a few which different beta testers have preferred over others, in which case working more income into your strategy to get a particular leader is advisable.

It is not possible for one player to monopolize all of the leaders.
06-02-2012, 04:22 AM
So if I have a leader, say Mr. X, that has an ultimate that says I can see the outfitting of enemy ships, how would one go about using that ability? I haven't had any luck finding out how to see those fittings.