Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.5 General Feedback
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
v1.1.5 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.1.5 (hotpatch).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: v1.1.5 General Feedback
When is the build going up?

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Should be up now.
06-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Still testing but the spying has gone down. Though in my SP games, the AI gives up way to early when bidding on leaders. I find I can get just about any leader I want now and the AI gets the ones I don't want when I'm at max. Is there a middle ground for leader bidding?

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Spying is feeling decent for me so far but I'll start another scenario or two to get a better feel for it. I did receive one leader with less fight than I expected. I'll keep a eye on that too.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
06-06-2012, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 12:35 AM by General_Grr.)
Hi,

In the update log for 1.5 I see:

Feature: Add game options (see thread)

But no link...

I know there will be an option to disable leaders. If possible I would like an option to disable spying too.

I like the addition of contact rating but my main concerns are:

- Spying is totally linear. Now diminishing return on 100 vs 1000 spies.
- I think agencies should passively generate spy points instead of (spies) haiving a % of performing a mission every turn
- Spy mission should cost different points depending on target.
Maybe incite revolt should be highest all the down to information about ship design beeing lowest
- After a mission has been performed the spy balance should be rest to 0

Thanks!
06-06-2012, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 12:33 AM by rocco.)
Spying has been a mechanic in the game since the very beginning, I don't see adding an option to disable it.

Option to disable leaders will come, but it won't be until v1.1.6.

The "game options" now in the whipping post also needs to be moved to v1.1.6.
06-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Spying would be helped as a mechanic if offense/defense weren't linear. As it is, it's very hard to balance - unless you get it exactly right on, it will be either OP or useless.
06-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Spying DOES have diminished returns, it's just in regards to # of offensive spies vs # of defensive spies as opposed to just your own. If your opponent has 2 spies and you have 3 spies, when you build a new one it ups your chance of success from 1% to 2%. That doubles your chance of success. If you have 101 spies and build 1 more to 102 (while your opponent still has 2 spies), it ups your chance from 99% to 100%, which is an increase of only 1/99 in your overall chance of success. Anything after 100 spies more than your opponent (or 50 if you have cloaking and they don't hvae csf) doesn't do a thing, it's just a waste of production and money.

The problem you guys have with it isn't a lack of diminished returns, it's a lack of any controls preventing you from HAVING a thousand spies if you really want to (other than maintenance fees maybe). I don't think I've ever had a game where I built more than 100-150 spies. Even when I was specifically playing a spy race.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
06-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Double cost of spy upkeep.

GC - Sarducar_Dun