Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.5 General Feedback
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 09:10 AM by VanderLegion.)
RE: v1.1.5 General Feedback
(06-06-2012 08:08 AM)Bruin Wrote:  Without going into too much detail I'm nervous about any idea that starts to increase the death rate of spies too much. It would be brutal for the person with less spies in most cases (and in the cases where it is more balanced it would still provide a going-forward bonus to the person with the stronger spy network making it easier for them to hold the advantage.
That's why I suggested that the chance of killing spies has nothing to do with the number you have - so the person with more doesn't get that advantage - and the number you can LOSE is directly tied to the number you have at the time - so that the person who does have more stands to lose more at a time to prevent said going-forward bonus. And the reason I tied it into the number the defender had to a degree as well is so that you can't sit with 0 or only a few spies and just watch your opponent's spies drop like flies, you still have to at least put some effort into it. I basically was trying to propose a system that would give the advantage in that regard to the defender.
Rocco: Did you see my post...somewhere, I don't remember where on here it was, that Morph's planet ability is broken? Right now, he adds the +10 to your CP limit as soon as you acquire him, he doesn't have to be assigned to a planet to get it (as he should, since it's supposed to add +10 cp for the planet). Right now there is exactly 0 incentive to assign him to a planet, since he gives you all the bonus cp and the fleet redirect all without being assigned to a planet, meaning there's 0 risk of LOSING him if you just keep him in your pool.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Also, I've been noticing touch location issues for a while now (was seeing in 1.1.4 as well), but was unable to figure out how to reproduce them before. I still don't have it happen every time, but it's been happening quite frequently lately, and I noticed that it ONLY happens if I'm holding the device in landscape-right orientation (home button on the right hand side). If I'm having issues, I can flip my phone over to landscape-left and it'll work fine again that way. Haven't tried flipping it, then flipping back again to see what happened...Anyway, when it's having problem's I'll have to touch probably 10-20 pixels above what I'm actually trying to hit to get it to work. For instance, for the Galaxy button I have to touch probably about halfway between the button itself and the Chat button. The chat button I have to touch on the galaxy map above it, the Stardate button for the sit-rep at the top I have to touch at the very edge of the device to get it to register.

06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I've been having that problem for a while too. It seems like the distance the touch sensitivity is off is roughly equivalent to the height of the iOS status bar. Rocco asked a while ago if anyone could come up with a way to reproduce it reliably but I haven't managed to yet. Now that you mention it, it does seem like I've encountered it more frequently in 1.1.4.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
(06-06-2012 10:41 AM)Bruin Wrote:  Yeah, I've been having that problem for a while too. It seems like the distance the touch sensitivity is off is roughly equivalent to the height of the iOS status bar.

That's about what I was guessing it probably is (20 pixels), but haven't really tried to test to determine the exact distance.

06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
(06-06-2012 08:12 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Rocco: Did you see my post...somewhere, I don't remember where on here it was, that Morph's planet ability is broken?

Fixed, thanks!
06-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I wish there was a way to fire my spies. In a game I have with VL, the AI took my $$ producers and I have a very large spy army. So I'm operating at a -55 loss with every remaining planet on funding due to the large army of spies I have. With no way to cut them loose, in a few turns my cash reserves will be gone. What is the order in which stuff is sold? Buildings, leaders and then...? Are spies let go if you can't afford them and everything else is sold off?

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2012, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 11:35 AM by rocco.)
(06-06-2012 11:27 AM)elph Wrote:  I wish there was a way to fire my spies. In a game I have with VL, the AI took my $$ producers and I have a very large spy army. So I'm operating at a -55 loss with every remaining planet on funding due to the large army of spies I have. With no way to cut them loose, in a few turns my cash reserves will be gone. What is the order in which stuff is sold? Buildings, leaders and then...? Are spies let go if you can't afford them and everything else is sold off?

Random buildings are sold, then random ships. Things keep getting sold until your treasury is not negative anymore. If everything is liquidated and you're still negative, you lose your empire.

Spies were never coded to be scrapped, so they don't get sold when there is debt to be paid.
06-07-2012, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 09:11 AM by VanderLegion.)
This is actually something I noticed in 1.1.4, but figured I'd post it here anyway. When you're typing a chat message, if the message is longer than what will fit on the screen, the screen doesn't scroll so you can't see what you're typing after a certain point. (Got a random opponent who's only been playing for a couple of weeks, so explaining some stuff in the chat, leads to long messages, which get harder when you can't see what you're typing Tongue)

06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
If you missed the email beta v1.1.5.b3 was uploaded yesterday. It includes the new feature to dismiss spies; if you have some time to test that specifically that would be a big help.
06-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Perhaps something like if you are defending with X amount of spys. You gain X% per turn to kill an offensive spy trying to spy on you. With that added and knowing your defending spys also decrease the chance of their spys that should surly be enough. This way someone with 50 offensive spy against 30 defensive spy would mean they have a 20% chance of spying each turn while the defender has a 30% chance of killing one spy per turn. And say if there's noone spying on you then you can't kill enemy defending spys.