Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crash while loading a saved game
10-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Crash while loading a saved game
iPhone 4S

I am using the latest version (no available update in app store) of Starbase Orion. Every time I attempt to load a saved game it crashes me out to the home screen. Tried rebooting the phone, same result. Have yet to delete the app and re-install.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM
RE: Crash while loading a saved game
Update v1.0.3 has just passed Apple's review process and should be available on the AppStore very soon (within the next hour or so).

If it doesn't load under v1.0.3, then a previous crash might have malformed the save file (very rare, but have had a few reports). If that is the case, then you might need to start a new game. Sad

Definitely try v1.0.3 first as soon as its up there.
10-21-2011, 06:56 AM
(10-21-2011 05:25 AM)rocco Wrote:  Update v1.0.3 has just passed Apple's review process and should be available on the AppStore very soon (within the next hour or so).

If it doesn't load under v1.0.3, then a previous crash might have malformed the save file (very rare, but have had a few reports). If that is the case, then you might need to start a new game. Sad

Definitely try v1.0.3 first as soon as its up there.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the update!
10-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I encountered this problem on 1.0.3. My game crashed and then whenever I tried to load the auto save, it crashed before even loading anything. Tried rebooting device. Same thing. Kept trying for around 6 or 7 times. Had to start a new game.
I was playing a singleplayer game with one impossible AI Draske on a medium sized map.
iPod Touch 4th gen iOS5
10-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Same problem here. But sometime it works if you tap the savegame only one time. I also encouter this problem when hitting the savegame 2 times (doubleclick) it crashes.