Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
v1.1.7 General Feedback
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 12:03 PM by rocco.)
v1.1.7 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.1.7.

v1.1.7 Update Summary:

Diplomacy: Implemented as described in the first post of the Roundtable: Diplomacy discussion on the forums.

Research Rollover: Each empire now has three pools of research points. When you research from one branch of the tech tree, your RP goes to the pool. When you gain a tech, the RP amount for that tech is subtracted from the pool, and the overflow is keep in the pool and attributed to your next project in that branch.

New Galactic Map: The galactic map is now a flat 2D map (it is no longer isometric). Parsec lines should now be accurate. Empire boundaries are now drawn. You no longer see other empire colonies on first contact; you can only see colonies within your field of vision. You can always see the empire boundaries; so you know roughly which way to go to find the enemy.

Sanctioned Piracy: Piracy has been reworked, although I am looking for feedback here. My goal for SP is to make it an aggressive player's trait, and something that plays off of the diplomacy addition. As such, it allows you to steal from trade/research pacts of empires you are at war with. It also has the secondary benefit of possibly stealing new tech when you capture a planet. The balancing will be hard here, since you have the option of playing a game with diplomacy turned off (thus making it a less attractive trait). Looking for feedback!

Deep Space Jammer: A ship system that masks the size and composition of your fleet from enemy empires (the fleet details show up as static for the other empires). Late in the tech tree, the ship system requires 5 system slots to equip. Only one jammer is needed for an entire fleet. The goal here is to make it expensive to have a jammer in your fleet, making it so you have 1 or 2 at the most, and then these ships become prime strategic targets.

Early Weapons Balance Changes: As suggested on the forums, nuke ammo has been increased and lasers dmg has been modified.

AI Fixes: Part bug fixes, part continual improvements. AI should now research, build, and deploy units better. It should also process turns faster.

iPhone5: I think there's only one iPhone5 so far in the beta group, so /tiphat to you! Let me know if you see any issues when running on iPhone5.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: v1.1.7 General Feedback
gaaaahhhhhhhasdfoqwerwsaaxss! Excited.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.
09-29-2012, 02:07 AM
In addition, my device renewal with Apple is now available (ie, once a year I can remove devices from my group of 100 total devices). I am removing everyone, and then adding back in those testers who actually participated in the v1.1.6 beta, as well all of the new testers that are being added for v1.1.7. Cleaning house, so to speak.

If the beta starts and you get don't get a TF invite but still want to participate, then you will need to send me a PM.
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey Rocco, I sent you a PM about joining the Beta Testing but you never replied.
09-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Now this is exciting news.... There goes my weekend Wink

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm so freaking exited. I saw on there that there are now empire boarders!! YES!
And of coarse diplomacy! I love this game

Supreme commander all the way.

Scifi Japanese anime- Legend of the galactic hereos- Give it a try (In Japanese only subs, watch on YouTube)

Excuse the grammar errors I work on a mobile device.

Generation 1 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
09-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Oh wait, is this just for beta testers?

Supreme commander all the way.

Scifi Japanese anime- Legend of the galactic hereos- Give it a try (In Japanese only subs, watch on YouTube)

Excuse the grammar errors I work on a mobile device.

Generation 1 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
09-30-2012, 05:08 AM
(09-30-2012 05:01 AM)Cybran nation Wrote:  Oh wait, is this just for beta testers?
Yah, beta version is coming out this weekend, it'll probably be in beta for at least several weeks or more I'd guess with all the big changes to be tested.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
09-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Impatiently waiting..... Smile

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2012, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 12:05 PM by rocco.)
v1.1.7.b1 is now on TF. If you were part of the beta group but no longer have access to the latest builds, and you would like to participate in the v1.1.7 beta, then please send me a PM and I'll add you back in.