Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Move population between planets - resource calculation issue
10-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Bug Move population between planets - resource calculation issue
Playing 1.0.3 (and loving it!).

I have found an issue on my first turn when moving population between my starting worlds.

If I move a farmer from my main world (16 pop) to another planet in the system, the food production drops as I am moving the pop, but does not go up again when I drop the pop on the new planet as a farmer. If I move the pop back to the original world as a farmer, the food production does not go back either. If I then just "pickup" the farmer and drop them back onto the same planet (so not moving them, just pickp and put back in the same farmer location), the food production then goes back to where it should be.

I've noticed this with scientists also, but it does not appear to happen with workers.

It seems to be a bug in triggering a recalculation of food/research when a population is moved between planets. If the pop is moved within the one planet it seems ok. Not sure about moving between planets in other systems as yet.

At the moment the workaround is:
1. Move the population between planets in the system.
2. Pickup and drop the population back onto the same place on the new planet. This will force the production to recalculate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Move population between planets - resource calculation issue
I can confirm this is happening in single and multiplayer.
It only seems to be farmers and scientists that have the issue - workers are OK.

This is on an iPad2, 32GB, WiFi
10-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Found & fixed for v1.0.4. Thanks!
10-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks Rocco - can't see it in the Whipping Post for v1.0.4 though.

I'm really encourage by the speed and enthusiasm with which you are taking feedback and fixing bugs/making updates. Wish you every success mate.
10-23-2011, 09:55 AM
(10-23-2011 06:36 AM)Dunska Wrote:  Thanks Rocco - can't see it in the Whipping Post for v1.0.4 though.

Fixed that, too Dodgy

(10-23-2011 06:36 AM)Dunska Wrote:  I'm really encourage by the speed and enthusiasm with which you are taking feedback and fixing bugs/making updates. Wish you every success mate.

Thanks! I'm just happy everyone likes it so much they want it improved. Smile