Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.8 General Feedback
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 05:08 PM by rocco.)
v1.1.8 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.1.8.

v1.1.8 Update Summary:

Tutorial
New players can now choose to play a special tutorial map. This is about 80% done; I need to adjust the enemy player's fleets and planets, and commission some voice overs. For the second I need to solidify the dialog, so any feedback is very much appreciated.

Leader Maintenance Cost
Leaders now cost an additional 1% of their purchase price per turn in upkeep. So if you bid 600 GC on a leader, it will cost 16 per turn (10+6).

Starbase Buff
Starbase's all received a buff to their armor, structure, and weapon slots. The buffs were made such that SB1 and SB2 got the most benefit, with SB3 being roughly the same as v1.1.7.

Ship Control Points
Mammoths now cost 4 CP per turn (was 3).

Frigate: 1 CP
Destroyer: 2 CP
Cruiser: 2 CP
Battleship: 3 CP
Titan: 3 CP
Mammoth: 4 CP

Ship Weapon / Systems Changes
Destroyer: 3 weapon, 3 systems (was 3/4)
Cruiser: 5 weapon, 4 systems (was 5/3)
Battleship: 6 weapon, 5 systems (was 6/6)
Titan: 8 weapon, 6 systems (was 10/8)
Mammoth: 10 weapon, 8 systems (was 12/10)

Weapon and System Design Costs Scale with Ship CP

Weapons an systems now cost different amounts based on the CP cost of the ship. This is done with the following formula:

let x = designCost / 5
(designCost-x*2) + x * CP

What this equates to is frigate equipment is 20% cheaper, destroyer and cruiser are the same, battleship and titans 20% more, and mammoths 40% more.

As an example, Laser Beam III costs: 25 / 32 / 32 / 38 / 38 / 44 ( frigate -> mammoth)

Sanctioned Piracy Buff

In v1.1.7 Piracy gain credits based on a percentage of other players diplomatic trade pacts with each other (so if you played against multiple opponents and they were trading, you would gain some). Sanctioned Piracy now also gains income equal to a portion of hostile/neutral empires income garnered from the sale of trade goods. This amount is affected by the contact rating of the two empires (you can steal more the more intertwined you are with the other empire). This not only increases the amount of credits gained, but works better in 1v1 games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: v1.1.8 General Feedback
Forgive me, it's been a while and I cannot seem to remember how to authorize a new device for the beta. I seem to remember waiting for a new version, but my new device has been authorized since before the 1.1.8 beta came out and I still can't install it.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.
01-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Hey Rocco! Sorry I havnt been active on the forums! If I still have access to the beta, I'll make sure I check'er out and repot back to you!
01-04-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 10:40 AM by VanderLegion.)
Stealth nerf: You can no longer select either of the diplomatic racials in a two player game. Rocco's trying to slip stuff past without our noticing, but I'm onto him!!!
(Also, makes perfect sense and I suggested it a while back, I just don't recall seeing anything about it in the update notes, so figured I'd point it out Tongue)
Weapon prices aren't updating in the ship designer. I'm looking at my starting scout on a quick game. Empty hull is 56 credits. Additional Fuel Cells show a cost of 60 when I select a system, but total cost only goes up to 101. Laser 1 shows a cost of 40, but cost only goes up to 131. (We're on quick game). Additionally, it looks like the 20% reduced cost is coming from the normal game speed price, not the quick game cost - e.g. Normal Laser 1 is 50 credits, 20% off is 10 credit discount so it'd cost 40. Quick game laser 1 is 40 credits, 20% off should be 8 credits to cost 32, but it's only costing 30 (so I'm getting the full 10 discount).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Just a trivial point: the new weapon/system cost could also be written:

designCostNew = designCost*(0.6+0.2*CP);
01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I can't download the beta. It freezes mid-way through, then I get an error message saying it cannot be completed at this time. I deleted the app completely, then deleted test flight and all the profiles when that didn't work. Now i'm stuck. Any ideas?

BTW - dialogue edit coming via email tomorrow.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
01-04-2013, 05:38 PM
@steveadams, @LeadTheWay, @bmike
The new devices should all be added in v1.1.8.b2 (going out soon). if you still have issues with v1.1.8.b2, PM me.

@VL
the reduction in cost for quick games in 25%; the display should be fixed in v1.1.8.b2.
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
(01-04-2013 05:38 PM)rocco Wrote:  @VL
the reduction in cost for quick games in 25%; the display should be fixed in v1.1.8.b2.

Ahh, cool, good to know.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-05-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 12:33 PM by GamerAtWork.)
I had an bug. Here's what I happened.

I bid 100 credits on Magistrate X with four turns till end,
Next turn I get " you've been outbid" message by an average comp for 151 credits,
So I click on it, it takes me too the auction page,
And I try to press the bid button but the app has frozen.
A moment later it crashed.
When I tried to reload the game, the save was back before I bid.

When I used multitouch gestures to move me from the forum to the beta, the beta froze, crashed and then reset me to my last save.
I made first contact with an enemy empire so I go to the foreign page and click diplomacy, then it freezes and crashes.

GC ID = Deedguy , Sandbox GC ID = GamerAtWork
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 02:37 PM by rocco.)
(01-05-2013 11:42 AM)GamerAtWork Wrote:  I had an bug. Here's what I happened.

I bid 100 credits on Magistrate X with four turns till end,
Next turn I get " you've been outbid" message by an average comp for 151 credits,
So I click on it, it takes me too the auction page,
And I try to press the bid button but the app has frozen.
A moment later it crashed.
When I tried to reload the game, the save was back before I bid.

When I used multitouch gestures to move me from the forum to the beta, the beta froze, crashed and then reset me to my last save.
I made first contact with an enemy empire so I go to the foreign page and click diplomacy, then it freezes and crashes.

Please submit crashes as bug reports.

TestFlight reports crashes to me, except for low memory crashes. Since I don't see any crashes in TF, my guess is these are low mem. Confirmation would be greatly appreciated.