Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.1.9 Feedback
02-11-2013, 08:12 AM
1.1.9 Feedback
Both FC and BETA are unplayable on my iPhone 5.

The rotation gets screwed up where it shows a cropped centered version of the screen rotated 90 dergees from landscape.

I don't know what triggers it, but I need to force quit the app and start it over. Also, when I downloaded both, FC wanted me to sign in to Game Center, then complained that GC wasn't enabled so that wasn't playable until I quit that app (multitask bar - hold, wiggle, tap the red button) and then got signed into GC on the full game.

Did you change the GC code on that build or is is somehow sandbox required to run?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
hmm... nothing along those lines should have changed. I'll double-check.
02-11-2013, 08:39 AM
For SO:FC it doesn't use a different bundle id than the AppStore version, so if you had the appstore version install maybe it got confused.
02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
That was it. I deleted the store version and power cycled the device. Something felt like test setup error and not a build bug to me.
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
(02-11-2013 10:28 AM)bmike Wrote:  That was it. I deleted the store version and power cycled the device. Something felt like test setup error and not a build bug to me.

That fixed SO:FC and SO? Or does the rotation thing still happen...
02-11-2013, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 01:36 PM by VanderLegion.)
If you scout an overwhelming force that has a deep space jammer, it still shows up as jammed so you cant actually see its configuration
I also just had my single offensive spy iniltrate Diebo's civil research facilities with a -56% chance (too bad I already have all the tech so it didnt help me...). So im thinkin spies arent fixed. Does the fix affect current games? (i would assume so, but worth asking)

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
02-11-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 05:58 PM by macaronnie.)
The zoom-in feature is nice. If zooming is already coded, could it be possible to also allow zoom-out? This would be quite handy on devices with larger screens!
Also, the slightly annoying bug/feature where orientation unexpectedly changes with a locked screen is still there.
02-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Rocco - I sent in a game between me and VanderLegion for you to look at.

1. Spying: I had a successful spy event with 1 spy (-3.3% chance).

2. Scrap all: I have 50+ planets. I am done researching, but cannot find the last few research stations/orbital labs easily. It would be SO nice if you could sort not only by what you CAN build, but also by what HAS BEEN built. This would be useful for other things too, like sort by planets with Space Elevator 2 to queue build orders, or sort by planets with agent training to build spies.

3. Starbases and frigate lockout: It seems like a frigate can still lock down a lone starbase? I had this tactic used against me so that the starbase could not be upgraded. A single frigate sent against a fully loaded Starbase3 should be sent packing.

4. RE: 50+ planets and scrolling. It would be great if we could split the screen (like in Word or Excel) in empire view. For example, if I sort by production (which I often do late game), I could split the screen so the population breeder planets located 35 planets down the list can drop off a population at the top of the list easily. A split screen would be perfect for this. As it is now, dragging is quite tedious. Late game, you have to do this 10-15 times every turn (if you are cranking out 1M pop per turn on those breeder planets and you have 50+ planets).
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 12:56 AM by rocco.)
1) thanks, I identified the issue and fixed it

2) won't be for this release given the time crunch, but I hear you!

3) I am working on taking SB's into account. Each SB level will get a fixed production equivalent ( thinking 1k, 2k, 3k).

4) will need to think more. I can't really see the proposed solution working on smaller devices.

Fixing te DSJ issue and adding some support trot zooming out.
02-12-2013, 01:11 AM
(02-11-2013 11:15 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 10:28 AM)bmike Wrote:  That was it. I deleted the store version and power cycled the device. Something felt like test setup error and not a build bug to me.

That fixed SO:FC and SO? Or does the rotation thing still happen...

Both apps got confused by the game center overlay - messing up rotation while I had FC beta, SO beta and SO store version on one device.

Since I deleted SO store version, signed out of GC, rebooted the phone, all is well. I'll fire a bug report / post if I see any more rotation errors.

----

In case others see it, the slash screen chimera was correct, the game center log in (or welcome back banner) would arrive, then the star base screen would rotate 90 degrees from the correct orientation.