Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.1.9 Feedback
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-12-2013 12:55 AM)rocco Wrote:  4) will need to think more. I can't really see the proposed solution working on smaller devices.

I only play on an iPhone - I can totally see it working. With a split window, you would be able to see 2 planets in the top half, two in the bottom. Just split it down the middle. You'd want to double-click to turn it off for a lot of stuff, but for moving population you really only need to move up or down 1 planet at a time. As it is, you can see 4 and a bit more planets right now. that "split window" bar would take up that little sliver of the fifth planet that you can just see. I would totally sacrifice that sliver for this ability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 03:17 AM
(02-12-2013 12:48 AM)Diebo Wrote:  2. Scrap all: I have 50+ planets. I am done researching, but cannot find the last few research stations/orbital labs easily. It would be SO nice if you could sort not only by what you CAN build, but also by what HAS BEEN built. This would be useful for other things too, like sort by planets with Space Elevator 2 to queue build orders, or sort by planets with agent training to build spies.

Spies at least you don't need to be able to sort by planets with agent training, since you can just use the sort if can build covert agents Tongue. I definitely agree that it would be nice to be able to sort by planets that have a specific building or whatever though.

Quote:4. RE: 50+ planets and scrolling. It would be great if we could split the screen (like in Word or Excel) in empire view. For example, if I sort by production (which I often do late game), I could split the screen so the population breeder planets located 35 planets down the list can drop off a population at the top of the list easily. A split screen would be perfect for this. As it is now, dragging is quite tedious. Late game, you have to do this 10-15 times every turn (if you are cranking out 1M pop per turn on those breeder planets and you have 50+ planets).

+1. Sucks having to scroll so far so much in late game.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
02-12-2013, 05:26 AM
Oh, for some reason I had a vertical split in mind.
02-12-2013, 06:43 AM
(02-12-2013 05:26 AM)rocco Wrote:  Oh, for some reason I had a vertical split in mind.

Yah, like Diebo I only play on the iPhone (hoping to have an iPad fairly soon, but don't yet), and with the horizontal split (which is what I thought of when I read the suggestion as well Tongue) it would make things WAY easier for moving pop from breeder planets.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
02-12-2013, 07:13 AM
(02-12-2013 12:55 AM)rocco Wrote:  3) I am working on taking SB's into account. Each SB level will get a fixed production equivalent ( thinking 1k, 2k, 3k).

I recommend making it enough to block a laser 1 frigate with extra fuel (for starbase 1). That would be 1500 for starbase 1. Might make it 1500, 3000, 4500 for 1, 2, 3.

Another thought - if starbases are the same value, the opponent won't get easy info on what type of starbase they are up against. Maybe make them all 3000 k (stops two frigates, which would basically get rid of the problem). As it is, people now get a message telling them when they are up against a "too-big" fleet. If you want to check out a starbase level, you can just try a single ship, if that fails, 2 ships, etc. and figure out pretty quickly (at no risk of time or ships) what level starbase is on a system. Setting one value for all three starbases would address this. Most people wouldn't want to waste 300 production/turn on a starbase. And any starbase can take out 300 production of ship value. Or probably even 500.

---
Separate Issue: I haven't tried this yet (need to) but what happens when you try to send a single frigate (or small ship) to help out a larger fleet at a battle? Let's say you want to have 10 planets each ship 1 ship to a system with 10 enemies on it. By themselves, none of the ships would be able to attack, but together they could? Not super likely, but having a couple frigates add on to a much larger fleet (and be denied) is something that I can see happening. I can see a 3Plama3, Ammo, HA2, PDS2 for around 450 credits being useful to join a bigger fleet going to battle. I'll try test this.
02-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:Setting one value for all three starbases would address this. Most people wouldn't want to waste 300 production/turn on a starbase. And any starbase can take out 300 production of ship value. Or probably even 500.

I had the same thought but with Bgeep's Burrow (being able to tell where the leader is) which is why I didn't increase it for that. But I'm fine with making all SB worth 3000.

Quote:Separate Issue: I haven't tried this yet (need to) but what happens when you try to send a single frigate (or small ship) to help out a larger fleet at a battle? Let's say you want to have 10 planets each ship 1 ship to a system with 10 enemies on it. By themselves, none of the ships would be able to attack, but together they could? Not super likely, but having a couple frigates add on to a much larger fleet (and be denied) is something that I can see happening. I can see a 3Plama3, Ammo, HA2, PDS2 for around 450 credits being useful to join a bigger fleet going to battle. I'll try test this.

I need to test this as well. What should happen is each frigate you move there will give the warning dialog ( I'm not going to do anything fancy like try and predict if you'll have enough ). However when they arrive they should all become one fleet, whose total encounter strength should be used to determine whether they flee or not. So it'll either work, or I need to adjust the order of operations there.
02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:I need to test this as well. What should happen is each frigate you move there will give the warning dialog ( I'm not going to do anything fancy like try and predict if you'll have enough ). However when they arrive they should all become one fleet, whose total encounter strength should be used to determine whether they flee or not. So it'll either work, or I need to adjust the order of operations there.

Tested it, seems to work as expected.
02-13-2013, 03:54 AM
(02-12-2013 07:13 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Another thought - if starbases are the same value, the opponent won't get easy info on what type of starbase they are up against.

What's wrong with that? I mean they would still be seeing the fleet (if any), as I think they should, why should they not be able to figure the starbase level? Particularly since the level can easily get upgraded while they are trying to figure it out...
02-13-2013, 04:08 AM
(02-13-2013 03:54 AM)macaronnie Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 07:13 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Another thought - if starbases are the same value, the opponent won't get easy info on what type of starbase they are up against.

What's wrong with that? I mean they would still be seeing the fleet (if any), as I think they should, why should they not be able to figure the starbase level? Particularly since the level can easily get upgraded while they are trying to figure it out...

I think you should have to sacrifice a ship to see the composition of a fleet/level of starbase. If you send a ship to the starbase, you will still learn what level it is, and how it is equipped (at the cost of that frigate). Otherwise you can just use an empty frigate to abuse the mechanics of fleet warning to determine exactly which of the opponents planets to attack.
02-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Ah ok I see what you mean, makes sense. I agree that you should have to send an actual ship, instead of getting the information instantly.

Hmm in fact looks like it is going to also give an ability to instantly investigate fleets too, including those that include Deep Space Jammers, and are more than 1 turn away -- e.g. 10 Laser equipped Frigates are going to cost more than 10 Plasma equipped Frigates, etc. It's much less of a problem with fleets of course. Is that warning really necessary though? Especially since the fleet can move anyway?