Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1.1.9 Feedback
02-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Post: #71
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-20-2013 08:22 AM)macaronnie Wrote:  
Quote:Actually, Diebo and I have a game goin in the live version testing going for labs earlier or maxing out civil first then moving up. I was far, far more than 10-15 turns ahead on tech. Add in a research race and putting people on research and you might be even further.
If that's a viable build then maybe research traits are not UP after all? Not sure -- never seen that in a game.

That's not with research traits. We're using the exact same build, just different research paths. He continued up civil for pcm/gaia etc after RC3, I jumped up to astro to get to orbital labs after RC3. I was just saying that given the difference just from that, if you had research traits and people actually ON research (since we just use the buildings), it might give a good lead. That said, research traits might need to be buffed or research buildings nerfed (again) in order to ake the traits more attractive. As it is, in a large empire with no researchers I can hit somewhere from 1500-2k research/turn just from buildings.

Quote:Although, one thing which definitely needs to be point balanced is narrow-minded vs. broad-minded; imho both should be at 0 points.

I disagree. They can make a vast difference to your research path, though on the whole I still kinda think they might need to be switched. When it first went live with those two (originally there was just 1 of the two) the broad minded was the way to go because you could get through the tree faster and not miss anything really important. As more tech has been added, it hurts more and more to skip stuff, and small-minded has become the way to go. Broadminded is really better for a highly specialized build (such as my researcher/nuke build I used, broad minded lets you get to fml way faster).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 02:31 PM by macaronnie.)
Post: #72
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-20-2013 10:04 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That's not with research traits. We're using the exact same build, just different research paths. He continued up civil for pcm/gaia etc after RC3, I jumped up to astro to get to orbital labs after RC3.
Is RC3 even worth it? I usually skip it and (if the game is not over yet) go straight for the labs.
Quote:I was just saying that given the difference just from that, if you had research traits and people actually ON research (since we just use the buildings), it might give a good lead. That said, research traits might need to be buffed or research buildings nerfed (again) in order to ake the traits more attractive. As it is, in a large empire with no researchers I can hit somewhere from 1500-2k research/turn just from buildings.
I see. Well 1.5-2k from buildings is probably particular for your style of playing Smile but I see the point.
Quote:
Quote:Although, one thing which definitely needs to be point balanced is narrow-minded vs. broad-minded; imho both should be at 0 points.
I disagree. They can make a vast difference to your research path, though on the whole I still kinda think they might need to be switched.

Well switching them would be a bit more extreme Smile you may well be right but I just wanted to be conservative and say set both at zero and see.

Quote:Broadminded is really better for a highly specialized build (such as my researcher/nuke build I used, broad minded lets you get to fml way faster).
that's a good thing, there really should be more of this kind of stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Post: #73
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
Hi,

Any update on when this version will hit the app store?

Kev

GC ID: *-=KC Black Hawke=-* GMT+0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Post: #74
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-21-2013 02:53 AM)kmcoulson Wrote:  Any update on when this version will hit the app store?

Whenever Apple feels like reviewing it. We have no control at this point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Post: #75
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-20-2013 02:30 PM)macaronnie Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 10:04 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That's not with research traits. We're using the exact same build, just different research paths. He continued up civil for pcm/gaia etc after RC3, I jumped up to astro to get to orbital labs after RC3.
Is RC3 even worth it? I usually skip it and (if the game is not over yet) go straight for the labs.

When you have 50+ planets, it's an extra 250 RP/turn. Not a ton perhaps, but gets stuff done that much quicker. I might try bypassing it for labs and see how it goes...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Post: #76
RE: 1.1.9 Feedback
(02-21-2013 03:44 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 02:53 AM)kmcoulson Wrote:  Any update on when this version will hit the app store?

Whenever Apple feels like reviewing it. We have no control at this point.

The answer is today!

GC ID: *-=KC Black Hawke=-* GMT+0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Starbase Orion | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication