Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.0 General Feedback
02-22-2013, 12:28 PM
v1.2.0 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.2.0.

In v1.1.9 I added a new automated crash reporting system. I want to take advantage of it by having v1.2.0 be another "hot fix" patch which focuses on fixing the stability issues being reported. There is one particularly nasty bug affecting a lot of players, so I'd like to submit v1.2.0 to Apple very soon. All crash fixes, no new features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 01:46 AM
RE: v1.2.0 General Feedback
Update: The "one particularly nasty bug" is worse than anticipated. I am moving v1.2.0 into an immediate "AppStore Submission Phase" and submitted last night's build this morning. Please test as you can, and if you find anything horrendously broken let me know and I'll pull the submission, fix it, and resubmit.

Thanks again for all your help and support!
02-23-2013, 06:52 AM
(02-23-2013 01:46 AM)rocco Wrote:  Update: The "one particularly nasty bug" is worse than anticipated. I am moving v1.2.0 into an immediate "AppStore Submission Phase" and submitted last night's build this morning. Please test as you can, and if you find anything horrendously broken let me know and I'll pull the submission, fix it, and resubmit.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

Is there a bug list you wish us to try?
02-23-2013, 06:56 AM
(02-23-2013 06:52 AM)nigel_ht Wrote:  Is there a bug list you wish us to try?

Single player games against AI will help the most. The really bad bug involves the AI crashing when it goes to process if it has a certain event in its sit rep. I have game files which verify that I fixed it, so I am mainly looking for some sanity play to ensure I did not accidentally introduce new issues.
02-23-2013, 07:10 AM
If I get some positive confirmation regarding v1.2 today I will ask Apple really nicely to expedite the review. No assurance they will, but I can try. But I can't beg for an expedited review and then pull it.
02-23-2013, 07:20 AM
(02-23-2013 06:56 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 06:52 AM)nigel_ht Wrote:  Is there a bug list you wish us to try?

Single player games against AI will help the most. The really bad bug involves the AI crashing when it goes to process if it has a certain event in its sit rep. I have game files which verify that I fixed it, so I am mainly looking for some sanity play to ensure I did not accidentally introduce new issues.

I am up to turn 78 on a 7 impossible AI vs me survival game with no problems whatsoever so far.
02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I sent in the request for the review to be expedited. Finger crossed.

v1.1.9 can go down in history as the worst SO release ever. Guess it had to happen eventually :/
02-23-2013, 02:13 PM
(02-23-2013 10:40 AM)rocco Wrote:  I sent in the request for the review to be expedited. Finger crossed.

v1.1.9 can go down in history as the worst SO release ever. Guess it had to happen eventually :/

I'm really looking forward to this fix. Whatever is causing it to crash, I've hit it in several games so far. Here's to hoping Apple approves it soon.
02-24-2013, 04:14 AM
For those of you who can't stand waiting
For 1.2 to come out, you can find. 1.1.8 in your computers, assuming you don't automatically delete the old version. You can then add it to iTunes and sync it on.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.
02-24-2013, 10:26 AM
(02-23-2013 10:40 AM)rocco Wrote:  I sent in the request for the review to be expedited. Finger crossed.

I've been playing a 1.2 SP game on and off all day and haven't had any problems.

Kev

GC ID: *-=KC Black Hawke=-* GMT+0