Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Unrest after capturing a planet
05-13-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: Unrest after capturing a planet
Just curious if this will make it to the next version. Right now I am happily blitzing through my enemies using their captured plates for refuelling and cranking out new ships Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
It probably won't make it into the next version; but it will stay on the whipping post for a future release.
05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Just my two cents, but what if, when a planet is captured, there is a small chance, say 5-10%, that some of the colonists will leave, heading to the nearest planet of their empire. It could be made to max out at 1/4 of the population, as to balance the mechanic. The Charismatic trait could decrease the chance of leaving and the Repulsive increase. Perhaps an orbiting fleet of a different empire of the people in the colony could also decrease the chance as well. Likewise, a fleet of the same empire as the population could increase the likelihood. Either way, loving the idea of planetary unrest.
05-18-2013, 05:39 AM
This brings up the question of being able to transport and unload marines to your own planets....
05-30-2014, 04:28 AM
Just bumping this thread in case someone is working on the next Beta and needs something to do. I don't see it in the Whipping Post.
05-30-2014, 04:39 AM
(05-30-2014 04:28 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Just bumping this thread in case someone is working on the next Beta and needs something to do. I don't see it in the Whipping Post.

It is in the black section of the WP; however, I will likely push this to be a SO2 feature.
05-30-2014, 04:45 AM
(05-30-2014 04:39 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 04:28 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Just bumping this thread in case someone is working on the next Beta and needs something to do. I don't see it in the Whipping Post.

It is in the black section of the WP; however, I will likely push this to be a SO2 feature.

Np. I've been enjoying perusal of the whipping post. You've been busy!
05-30-2014, 05:27 AM
(05-30-2014 04:45 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Np. I've been enjoying perusal of the whipping post. You've been busy!

The upcoming beta test is going to be very interesting!
05-30-2014, 05:54 AM
(05-30-2014 05:27 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 04:45 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Np. I've been enjoying perusal of the whipping post. You've been busy!

The upcoming beta test is going to be very interesting!

That it is. I'm intrigued (heh) by the spying changes.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
09-21-2014, 02:01 AM
(04-09-2013 04:56 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 04:50 AM)Werebear Wrote:  Here's a question - if I take a planet from an opponent, and they take it back while unrest is still happening, will they get unrest, too?

I would say it gets unrest, yes. For two reasons:

1) A planetary take over is a tumultuous event. Lives disrupted, factories damaged, etc. People are probably not happy their relatives died in the cross-fire and that you, the emperor, failed to protect them. Will take them time to get over it.

[bolded emphasis my own]

This raises an interesting question: I know that currently planetary bombardments can destroy buildings. But, does taking over a planet also have a chance to destroy buildings on said planet? Invasions are a destructive process after all, as Rocco said, and this would also decrease the value of the planet for the invader/add to the volatile atmosphere of war.

_

One other thing, would unrest, perhaps to a significantly lesser extent, also apply to planets voluntarily ceded to other empires? As a game mechanic I'm not sure of the implications, aside from slowing the shift of power from one empire to another. But as for reality modeling; does a population really appreciate being passed back or forth?

Keep the good stuff coming. Smile