Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.1 General Feedback
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
RE: v1.2.1 General Feedback
(03-30-2013 04:16 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Minor issue, but I'm showing a badge icon of 2 on the beta version when i have 0 games that are my turn. I have 8 games under New Games waitinfg for other people to get em started back up (migrated games from last beta) and 1 game on Other Players Turn

I am still evaluating whether GC is screwing up badge numbers. Since the game is technically still accessing GC, and I haven't "turned off" the turn based stuff (since we need to access to migrate old games), the GC app can still come in and set the badge whenever it wants to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
(03-30-2013 04:53 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 04:16 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Minor issue, but I'm showing a badge icon of 2 on the beta version when i have 0 games that are my turn. I have 8 games under New Games waitinfg for other people to get em started back up (migrated games from last beta) and 1 game on Other Players Turn

I am still evaluating whether GC is screwing up badge numbers. Since the game is technically still accessing GC, and I haven't "turned off" the turn based stuff (since we need to access to migrate old games), the GC app can still come in and set the badge whenever it wants to.

Ahh

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
I've encountered a bug where (on my big home planet) there is a Research Center, but research goes to zero if I have no population doing research. A RC is supposed to give you 5 RP's, plus an extra reseach point for every scientist population. But the 5 RP's are supposed to remain even if the population is off doing something else. And on the home system Rich/barren planet, with an RC(1), I get nothing with no reserarch pop, 5 beakers with 1 pop research, and a microscope with 2 pop research. Actually, it looks like just the base RP's are being left out.
03-30-2013, 05:41 PM
(03-30-2013 05:31 PM)PlanetaryScientist Wrote:  A RC is supposed to give you 5 RP's, plus an extra reseach point for every scientist population.

Not a bug, research centers have had their base RP generation removed. Sorry I forgot to put this in the update notes. If you want to read more, I mentioned it in this thread.
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
@all: Game creations options for MP should now be working as expected (ask for a spiral galaxy, you should get a spiral galaxy).
03-31-2013, 03:37 AM
Do you think the Red/Blue (or is it left/right?) battle asymmetry will be addressed in this release?
03-31-2013, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 03:46 AM by rocco.)
(03-31-2013 03:37 AM)MarcusVictor Wrote:  Do you think the Red/Blue (or is it left/right?) battle asymmetry will be addressed in this release?

Yes, that fix is already in as described here. Please download and test! Sorry its not on the whipping post.
03-31-2013, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 04:13 AM by VanderLegion.)
It would be helpful if there was a way to tell at a glance what games under New Games were ready for you to take a turn and which were waiting for other players without having to tap through and look at each individual game.
I think build focuses are bugged. I have my 2 starting planets in my game with rocco set to industry focus (custom focus of course). Both shows Civic Funding, but I just got a message that one of em finished building marine barracks. I got the same message for 1 of the planets last turn (not sure which). Looked at my planets and both my starting planets had marine barracks built. Scrapped both of them, looked at the empire view and both showed civic funding, so the barracks aren't part of the build focus (wasn't sure if custom had been wiped out or something). This turn, same message again, finished building marine barracks on one planet, and the other has 26 stored production as if it's also trying to build one.

They both show the bonus to population growth from civic funding, but no idea if they're actually getting it when the turn rolls over since they're working on building marine barracks...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-31-2013, 04:15 AM
(03-31-2013 04:07 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  It would be helpful if there was a way to tell at a glance what games under New Games were ready for you to take a turn and which were waiting for other players without having to tap through and look at each individual game.

When you play your turn in a game in the New Games sections, it should then be moved to the "Other Player Turn" section.

Are you not seeing that?
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
(03-31-2013 04:07 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  CBF broken...

Ah, yes. I can see why CBF would be broken. Will look into it, but it will require new beta build.