Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.1 General Feedback
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 04:20 AM by VanderLegion.)
RE: v1.2.1 General Feedback
The left hand menu bar for multiplayer seems to always want to scroll to the bottom on me as well, especially when I expand the New Games section when I'm looking at Other Player Turn. If anything, I'd expect it to scroll so the New Game header was at the top of the screen so you could see as many games as possible underneath it in the section.
(03-31-2013 04:15 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 04:07 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  It would be helpful if there was a way to tell at a glance what games under New Games were ready for you to take a turn and which were waiting for other players without having to tap through and look at each individual game.

When you play your turn in a game in the New Games sections, it should then be moved to the "Other Player Turn" section.

Are you not seeing that?

It does. It's not after I play my turn that's the problem. When I first loaded up the beta, I had 8 games under New Games (from migrating from last beta). All 8 showed "Waiting", I'm assuming waiting for the other players to migrate it over as well, or to take their turns if I had already gone for the round. Once I'm actually able to play my turn, if I tap on a game in that section it'll have the play button instead of saying Waiting, but there's no other indication in that section that I'm able to play the game, I have to tap through and look at each game to figure out which ones I can play. Once I take a turn it moves out of that section correctly. I guess moving them from New Games to Your Turn would work as well once you're able to play...
(03-31-2013 04:16 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 04:07 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  CBF broken...

Ah, yes. I can see why CBF would be broken. Will look into it, but it will require new beta build.

Not set it up to include the custom build focuses when it gets ssent to the server to process?

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 04:27 AM
(03-31-2013 04:16 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  It does. It's not after I play my turn that's the problem. When I first loaded up the beta, I had 8 games under New Games (from migrating from last beta)...

Ok, so that's specifically with migrated games with players who may not yet exist in the system. I'll add it tot eh WP and try to repro here.

Quote:Not set it up to include the custom build focuses when it gets ssent to the server to process?

Yeah; there were a handful of things that got implemented in the last year that took advantage of the "server" being embedded in the app and had direct access to it. CBF was one of those, will just need to update it. There are probably more, so if you notice any other funny business Wink
03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Another change that would be really helpful.

Currently, if you have multiple fleets leaving the same system for different destinations and the fleets have the same composition (so 3 scouts going to different unknown planets), there's no way when tapping on the outgoing fleets to know which one is going to which planet, other than changing the destination to see which one changes (I know it goes in order you sent them as you tap through, but if you forget what number you're looking at or what order you sent them out, htat doesn't help). It'd be nice if there was something that highlighted which ship you had selected, maybe even just have it show a thicker line to the destination

03-31-2013, 07:29 AM
@VL Good idea about line thickness. Will add to WP.
03-31-2013, 07:37 AM
These dark matter, oh my.
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 08:26 AM by VanderLegion.)
Racials are still broken. I don't know that ALL are, but at least some (My huge, rich homeworld in the coupla new games I have going are both large, abundant)

03-31-2013, 08:27 AM
(03-31-2013 08:26 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Racials are still broken

Yes, I only fixed the game-level options last night. Racials that affect the map (like rich home world) are still borked.
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
(03-31-2013 08:27 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 08:26 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Racials are still broken

Yes, I only fixed the game-level options last night. Racials that affect the map (like rich home world) are still borked.

Nod

03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
@all : the history/statistics graphs were not being populated in MP/CloudAI games. Should now be fixed, and future turn stats will get recorded.
03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
First of all, this is amazing.
Secondly,
I don't know if this is something that you can fix, but text selection tools (eg select, copy) don't seem to be working right. For example I can't select all the text in a message and delete it.

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call. The way the camera follows us in slow mo, the way we look to us all. The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky. These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry, baby, don't cry.