Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.1 General Feedback
03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: v1.2.1 General Feedback
Other typing related bugs - I'll have it randomly decide to capitalize the first letter of words in the middle of a sentence as if it were the first letter after a period, except it isn't. Along with steveadams14's issue of not being able to select all and delete, copy, paste, etc. If you ARE able to move the cursor somewhere other than th eend of the line (have a jailbreak tweak I use as opposed to the tap and hold, etc that still works), as soon as you try to type it dumps it right back to the end.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 03:31 PM
(03-31-2013 08:32 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 08:27 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 08:26 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Racials are still broken

Yes, I only fixed the game-level options last night. Racials that affect the map (like rich home world) are still borked.

Nod

This should now be fixed for all newly created games (racials that affect the map like huge/rich homeworlds).
03-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Still trying to download it. It gets about half way through through, then I get a message saying the download cannot be completed at this time. I'll call apple support on it Monday. It's been happening to other updates too, not just SO.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
(03-31-2013 04:22 PM)falanor4421 Wrote:  Still trying to download it. It gets about half way through through, then I get a message saying the download cannot be completed at this time. I'll call apple support on it Monday. It's been happening to other updates too, not just SO.

Not sure if that would be an Apple problem or a Testflight problem. Have you had issues with other apps from the app store, or other testflight betas?

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
"Your Racial Picks" on the Foreign/History/"Lines" page Repeats the whole list. Redundant, duplicative, repetition, reitereated all over agian.
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
(03-31-2013 05:40 PM)PlanetaryScientist Wrote:  "Your Racial Picks" on the Foreign/History/"Lines" page Repeats the whole list. Redundant, duplicative, repetition, reitereated all over agian.

You are seeing multiple copies of your racial picks on that page? Or are you saying you think its repetitive that your picks are there at all?

If the latter, where else from in-game can you see your racial picks?
04-01-2013, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 12:53 AM by rocco.)
@CullenKzo : You played a Cloud AI game about 50 minutes ago that crashed; that single crash led to a fix which should fix a lot of crashing games, so thank you. The server has been updated with the fix, so if you play again it should work.
04-01-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 01:34 AM by Werebear.)
(03-31-2013 07:37 AM)rocco Wrote:  These dark matter, oh my.

I tried to run from Dark Matter in a single player game, and they caught me. (They weren't very nice about it, either)

Are they upgraded now?

I used to run from them pretty regularly early in a game...

I read through what came up from the forums wrt to Sandbox - but want to make sure I am clear on what is needed.

A sandbox GC account is a separate GC account that you only use for testing betas, right?

Is there anything special you need to do when creating it? Do you somehow flag it as a sandbox account, or does that automatically happen when you log in from a beta app with a GC account?

I only need a sandbox account if I'm playing MP on the beta app, right? If I'm only testing SP, I can just play normally, and not log in to GC at all? Or is there something different I need to do?

Am I on the right track?

(I'm asking for posterity as well as for enlightenment - I didn't find specific answers to my questions, but will next time I look, eh?)
Rocco, I know you want SP testing done - and you want us to play on the Cloud AI, right? I can see in my options that Cloud AI is already turned on, it looks like.

After I press "Continue" for Single player, I see my saved games and the cloud symbol is lit up.

If I touch the cloud symbol, it warns me that I will be detaching from the cloud, and that my games will no longer by synchronized between devices.

I don't really care about synchronization, since I usually only play on my iPad, but I loaded the beta on my old iPhone4 (never played SO there), so I could play around with the game on the 4, and see what I think...

But this cloud mentions sync - not AI - is it the same thing?

And I know you already got reports on CBF not working - I just got a crash on Single Player when I tried to look at CBF - can click the option, clicked on farming, and down I went.

Do you want crashes sent in as a matter of course, or do you want us to check?

I'll stop playing and see what you'd like.

Thanks!
04-01-2013, 01:56 AM
(04-01-2013 01:25 AM)Werebear Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 07:37 AM)rocco Wrote:  These dark matter, oh my.
I tried to run from Dark Matter in a single player game, and they caught me. (They weren't very nice about it, either)
Are they upgraded now? I used to run from them pretty regularly early in a game...

Not directly. A bug fix was made to how combat movement works, which results in all ships being able to achieve better positioning during combat. We see that now with dark matter and frigates; the dark matter have an easier time corralling the lone frigate, leading to its death when it hits the arena bounds.
04-01-2013, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 01:58 AM by rocco.)
(04-01-2013 01:25 AM)Werebear Wrote:  A sandbox GC account is a separate GC account that you only use for testing betas, right?Is there anything special you need to do when creating it? Do you somehow flag it as a sandbox account, or does that automatically happen when you log in from a beta app with a GC account?

1) Go to the GameCenter app and log out of GC
2) Open the beta app. It should ask you to sign in to GC, and it should have the text *sandbox* somewhere on it
3) Create a new GC account, and log in with that one.

After this, you shouldn't have any problems if you are on iOS 6; it is smart enough to recognize which apps use the sandbox and which use GC production.