Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.1 General Feedback
08-12-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: v1.2.1 General Feedback
(04-11-2013 07:34 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  I like that an entry was added to the diplomacy screen to show what auctions your ally is bidding on, but it'd be far more helpful if that info showed on the actual Leader screen:

Current Bid: 1234 GC (21 turn)
(Elph)

Something like that. I'm fine with it not showing what opponent is winning it still, but it's a lotta extra taps to have to go into the diplomacy screen every time you want to see if an ally is currently winning the bid.

Also, that should probably say (21/turn) or (21 per turn) as opposed to (21 turn).

On the subject of extra taps, it'd be REALLY, REALLY nice if there was a way to make it easier to gift techs to allies if you're doing it on a regular basis. Right now it takes 7 taps to gift a tech to an ally.

1) Tap Foreign
2) Find ally, tap Audience
3) Tap Gift
4) Tap Technology
5) Tap All (or whatever category)
6) Tap Confirm
7) Tap Back to go to empire, or tap Farewell to go back to Diplomacy screen

Having to go through those 7 taps every turn (if you have several techs they need) or whenever you get a new tech gets really repetative. I'd love the ability to just say "Automatically gift new techs to allies" so that when I'm in a game where I'm doing so anyway, I don't have to go through all the taps, it just happens automatically.

Or maybe steal from Civ 5. I dunno when this changed since the last time I played it before a month or so ago, but when my friend and I started up a new game on the same team, anytime one person researches a tech, we both got it, and if we both researched the same tech, it went twice as fast. So basically, 1 shared research pool among allies instead of each having your own and having to gift tech back and forth.

The above might not make sense in a game that starts out as FFA or has Last Empire victory conditions, but if you're playing a team game, survival, etc, it'd make things a lot easier...

A belated +1 to these suggestions. This would save a ton of time in multiplayer games.

Another diplomacy suggestion: use a slider bar for gifting credits rather than choices of 100, 500, etc. Sometimes when jointly bidding on a leader last minute 100 isn't enough and 500 is too much. Not a big deal but would be nice if easy to change.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 06:37 AM by MiiiikeT.)
Hmm had a weird thing happen.. I am in a big MP game and I was attacked(had a SB). Whipped out his fleet but his last ship retreated. Somehow he took the planet. My SB was not destroyed. I also had a marine barracks .
Wiped*

GC- MiiikeT
Always up for a game

Sandbox(beta)- MonkSRb
Regular: MessiTheMessiah10(just changed my GC id from MonkSR)
08-13-2013, 10:07 AM
(08-13-2013 06:37 AM)MiiiikeT Wrote:  Hmm had a weird thing happen.. I am in a big MP game and I was attacked(had a SB). Whipped out his fleet but his last ship retreated. Somehow he took the planet. My SB was not destroyed. I also had a marine barracks .
Wiped*

FYI, as I already replied by email:

"On turn 405.9 there was combat over that system, your frigate with an incoming starbase reinforcement. Since your opponent was able to destroy all active enemy ships in that one combat round (your one frigate), he was given a between combat invasion opportunity during which he took your planet.

The only way to stop them from invading after that first combat round is to have killed them all, or have some of your ships survived the first round and carried over to the second round."
08-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Shoot, forgot to edit the post saying fixed. Sorry.

(08-13-2013 10:07 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 06:37 AM)MiiiikeT Wrote:  Hmm had a weird thing happen.. I am in a big MP game and I was attacked(had a SB). Whipped out his fleet but his last ship retreated. Somehow he took the planet. My SB was not destroyed. I also had a marine barracks .
Wiped*

FYI, as I already replied by email:

"On turn 405.9 there was combat over that system, your frigate with an incoming starbase reinforcement. Since your opponent was able to destroy all active enemy ships in that one combat round (your one frigate), he was given a between combat invasion opportunity during which he took your planet.

The only way to stop them from invading after that first combat round is to have killed them all, or have some of your ships survived the first round and carried over to the second round."

GC- MiiikeT
Always up for a game

Sandbox(beta)- MonkSRb
Regular: MessiTheMessiah10(just changed my GC id from MonkSR)