Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Contact Rating bug / suggestion
04-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Contact Rating bug / suggestion
It appears that contact rating is calculated based on the proximity of your planets vs your opponent's planets, including technology for improved fuel cells. It also seems like the contract rating is reciprocal so it is always the same for you and your opponent.

In a player vs player game where only one race is researching increasing levels of fuel cell tech, BOTH players get increasing contact ratings. I'm not sure this makes sense. Contact rating factors into offensive spy performance, so why should the race who is not researching the fuel cell tech gain any benefit from the other player researching the fuel cell tech?

I would propose that each player's contact rating should be calculated separately based on proximity of planets and its own fuel cell tech. It simulates how easily its spies could get to the other player's planets. Player A could have strong contact against B, while B could have weak contact against A if B has worse fuel cell tech than A. It also avoids the strange outcome of a research build avoiding fuel cell tech when playing against an opponent with a spy build. Spy builds would have to get around this by expanding to closer planets or researching fuel cell tech.

What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM
RE: Contact Rating bug / suggestion
Maybe the spies stowaway on your ships with the better fuel cells? Their own ships are slooowww...
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Rocco, I wanted to follow up contact rating. It appears that contract rating is influenced by star systems, not planets. Colonizing more planets in the same system seems to have no impact on contact rating. To me, calculating based on planets in range makes more sense and seems to be what you suggested in another post on this topic, so I wanted to flag it in case this wasn't behaving as intended.
06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes, it is supposed to be planet-based. So its either a bug, or when you colonized an extra planet it wasn't enough to move it to another named stage.

Can you submit the game in question with instructions to reproduce the situation you saw?