Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bug: Ships standing still in combat
05-30-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 08:10 PM by anthee.)
Bug: Ships standing still in combat
Playing single player, encountered dark matter with a scout, orders set to charge close range. (Didn't bother to set to retreat since scouts don't outrun dark matter even with combat pilots these days.) Both the dark matter and my scout are just standing still, however. Never happened to me before.
This is happening consistently now, in different single player games: whenever my scouts encounter dark matter and should charge close range, both the dark matter and my scout do nothing. The scouts have no weapons, not sure if that matters.

GC ID: anthee999
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 08:31 PM by anthee.)
RE: Bug: Ships standing still in combat
This is also happening when you set orders to retreat, with the exception that the ship suddenly retreats after the required time has elapsed despite having just stood still all the time. I'm playing the latest version, by the way -- b996.

05-31-2013, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 02:55 AM by anthee.)
This seems to happen either with lone scouts only or against space monsters only (not just dark matter, I've noticed), not sure what triggers this. Combats vs AI are as normal.

05-31-2013, 06:04 AM
Can you submit one of the game file please?

Most likely something got broke while optimizing.
06-01-2013, 02:15 AM
How do I send you a game file? Sorry, never done that before... Huh

06-01-2013, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 02:44 AM by rocco.)
no problem. Just go to the credits screen (the "I" off of the main menu), and tap on the version text at the bottom of the screen. An email will pop up with all of your games attached, send the email.

If you can save a game (call it "ship bug" or whatever), then I can easily load it and see the issue.
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Sent the file to you earlier today.

06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
I just had the same problem? Ordered Keep Long Range, Closest Target, but no ships moved. I was up against a Space Crystal, which also didn't move.

This was not a new game. I can try again with a new game and see if it still happens?
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM
I have it fixed, will be out in te next patch.
06-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Also seeing this problem. Will submit just in case.