Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tinkerers in profile
10-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Tinkerers in profile
Just took a look at my profile and the usage stats for tinkerers doesn't show up there. Great little racial choice btw!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2013, 03:28 AM
RE: Tinkerers in profile
Thx, will add to the WP.
10-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Also add the RP generated by tinkers to the planet summary. Leader bonus is drawn, but tinker contribution is only called out in the empire wide summary. It would be nice to see RP update as I allocate people to pure research, industrial production or farming on a planet by planet basis.
10-12-2013, 06:09 AM
(10-12-2013 05:51 AM)bmike Wrote:  Also add the RP generated by tinkers to the planet summary. Leader bonus is drawn, but tinker contribution is only called out in the empire wide summary. It would be nice to see RP update as I allocate people to pure research, industrial production or farming on a planet by planet basis.

That can't be easily done; the problem is that tinkers has a cap. Tinkers is only dealt with at the empire level (all workers are counted, limited to 100, and added to research total for empire). Trying to show it at the planet level would require it deal with the complexities of which tinkers actually contribute and which don't once the cap is hit. Calculating it only at the empire level doesn't have this issue.
10-19-2013, 07:16 AM
(10-12-2013 06:09 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 05:51 AM)bmike Wrote:  Also add the RP generated by tinkers to the planet summary. Leader bonus is drawn, but tinker contribution is only called out in the empire wide summary. It would be nice to see RP update as I allocate people to pure research, industrial production or farming on a planet by planet basis.

That can't be easily done; the problem is that tinkers has a cap. Tinkers is only dealt with at the empire level (all workers are counted, limited to 100, and added to research total for empire). Trying to show it at the planet level would require it deal with the complexities of which tinkers actually contribute and which don't once the cap is hit. Calculating it only at the empire level doesn't have this issue.

What if you showed research ghosted (kind of like with incoming colonists).

Optionally you could put an indicator that the cap is or is not reached so that space emperors could know that they are topped off on research with the current allocation of workers?