Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't Dwnld Beta
10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Can't Dwnld Beta
Hi, being in a super super super small town in a rural location I have only one choice of Internet provider...and the Internet stinks lol so I regretfully announce that I'm probaly going to have too quit the Beta as I can't get the new Beta to dwnld all the way haha unique problem aye? Anyways can anyone offer instructions on how to quit the Beta or better yet how I can get the it too dwnld on my piece of crap wifi? I'd luv too stay but as expressed previously I don't know how I can without the beta dwnlded haha Tongue thanks and have a great day Smile

"We're not retreating, we're simply advancing in another direction!" - Oliver P. Smith

Game Center: Troy tbUSA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Can't Dwnld Beta
Even when I'm on the wifi at home I still have the problem. The download will start, then, midway through, it will say it cannot be completed. Sometimes I sit watching tv and pressing the "retry" button for hours. *shrug* oh well, not much you can do about it.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
10-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I've been on slow WIFI where it takes 10-20+ tries before it works. The only good thing is that it seems to remember where I was at.

When I do try to download from poor WIFI, I turn off automatic time-out on the iPhone (so it stays on). This is in part because the WIFI requires a temporary password, and I don't like getting back on the network. Dunno if this would help at home. And I generally just have the iPhone sitting near me while I do other stuff, and if the load fails, just retry. It will eventually load, at least for me. I normally just wait until I am at a location with good WIFI (like at home for me).

One time I forgot to turn off cellular data. I learned that in WIFI-poor spots of the house, cellular is more than happy to step up to the plate. Oops, data overage. I now always turn off cellular data before downloading.
10-22-2013, 06:09 AM
(10-22-2013 03:31 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Yeah, I've been on slow WIFI where it takes 10-20+ tries before it works. The only good thing is that it seems to remember where I was at.

When I do try to download from poor WIFI, I turn off automatic time-out on the iPhone (so it stays on). This is in part because the WIFI requires a temporary password, and I don't like getting back on the network. Dunno if this would help at home. And I generally just have the iPhone sitting near me while I do other stuff, and if the load fails, just retry. It will eventually load, at least for me. I normally just wait until I am at a location with good WIFI (like at home for me).

One time I forgot to turn off cellular data. I learned that in WIFI-poor spots of the house, cellular is more than happy to step up to the plate. Oops, data overage. I now always turn off cellular data before downloading.

Ahh the joys of an unlimited data plan...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
10-22-2013, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:46 PM by Troy TB34.)
I wudnt know haha don't hav a cellular plan...just my poopy wifi Tongue And yup I also hit retry about 50million time a day...the sad part is I can't get anybit I it done to begin with so the way it saved progress hadn't done me any goo of late...as soon as I start it its Retry, Retry, Retry, until I get sick of it lol I'll keep trying as being a part of such a cool group is a lot of fun Big Grin but if I don't show up in games ya know why Smile
Sorry for the typos...half asleep, busy day Tongue

"We're not retreating, we're simply advancing in another direction!" - Oliver P. Smith

11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Really? What? Haha I don't think this is on topic...

05-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Ostatni post
The comments are hilarious.

Yeah I actually looked at this thread because I had to see just how nerdy the nerdiest post could be. And Im not awake yet.