Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orion League: Jupiter Division Results
01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Orion League: Jupiter Division Results
Still awaiting invitation from Alryeth. I wonder if s/he is still in the league.

GC ID: anthee999
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Go ahead and send invite to alryeth. Let me know if you get no response. Thanks

Founder, the Orion League
01-31-2014, 06:34 AM
(01-27-2014 11:42 PM)Siramnes Wrote:  Go ahead and send invite to alryeth. Let me know if you get no response. Thanks

He stopped making his moves in my game with him(her) last week before my iPad got damaged (since repaired...). I waitied as long as I could for him to move, but now I'm letting the game run.
01-31-2014, 07:36 AM
(01-31-2014 06:34 AM)PlanetaryScientist Wrote:  
(01-27-2014 11:42 PM)Siramnes Wrote:  Go ahead and send invite to alryeth. Let me know if you get no response. Thanks

He stopped making his moves in my game with him(her) last week before my iPad got damaged (since repaired...). I waitied as long as I could for him to move, but now I'm letting the game run.

I've played with Alryeth before in a FFA. IIRC he is a grad student, and was either very active or MIA for longs bouts of time. I suspect he is busy in school right now.
01-31-2014, 11:59 AM
If everyone is ok with it, I am happy to take Alryeth's place in the league (either for this season or just for next season) if he does not show up. I'd be fine forfeiting all his past or in process games if I sub in this season.
01-31-2014, 12:48 PM
This solution works for me. Thanks for offering to step in, Skins! I have heard you're a great player, and Jupiter Division will be even stronger with you in it. I know Bp has an open game with Alryeth; we'll give him the win there if Alryeth doesn't reappear. Anybody else? Right now Alryeth has 2 wins and no recorded losses - if we count Bp's game, he has four more to play.

Founder, the Orion League
01-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Diebo is likely correct about Alryeth. Alryeth has played several very quick games with me in the past so when he plays he is very responsive. But he does dissappear sometimes as well. I started my part 2 tourney game with him after seeing the recent forum posts here and so far he has not responded. Skins' offer seems accetable, but we should consider giving the Saturn div winners the option to sub in first. Just a thought.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.
- Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)
01-31-2014, 10:20 PM
(01-31-2014 02:27 PM)ArlyB Wrote:  Diebo is likely correct about Alryeth. Alryeth has played several very quick games with me in the past so when he plays he is very responsive. But he does dissappear sometimes as well. I started my part 2 tourney game with him after seeing the recent forum posts here and so far he has not responded. Skins' offer seems accetable, but we should consider giving the Saturn div winners the option to sub in first. Just a thought.

Skins would be a better addition to the Jupiter division than anyone else I can think of. Please take my word for it if you haven't played against him yourself.

GC ID: anthee999
02-01-2014, 01:09 AM
(01-31-2014 10:20 PM)anthee Wrote:  Skins would be a better addition to the Jupiter division than anyone else I can think of. Please take my word for it if you haven't played against him yourself.

I'd agree, Skins and Anthee are the two best players I know. If there is a tournament like Rocco is talking, where the top of every division plays each other for a showdown, it shouldn't matter...I am pretty confident that both would be playing for that trophy/Gorz/Star. Actually, it would be interesting from that perspective to throw Skins down into the starting league.
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Skins should be in Jupiter. I'm cool with that. No need to unleash holy hell on the Saturn and Neptune folks by unleashing a demon on them. ;-). I was just trying to be fair to the Saturn league winners who may be pretty good as well. I'm not experienced enough with all the SBO players to say one way or the other. I may be visiting the Saturn league myself soon enough!

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.
- Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)
Thread Closed