Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Interstellar Empires (Large scale Empire RP)
12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: Interstellar Empires (Large scale Empire RP)
I'm interested in playing, bio pending
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 05:38 PM by Troy TB34.)
(12-23-2013 02:10 PM)Spifomie Wrote:  
(12-23-2013 01:09 PM)ZacharyGermain13 Wrote:  Hey I would like to join:

We are the galactic republic, our commandos are feared everywhere, we had a massive fleet capable of taking down anyone in our way. Then, the Imperium came along from no where and assassinated our leader. So we ran away into hiding. We are anti-alien making our race very selective and have a great dislike towards other races to the point of murder, due to a Cyban killing our greatest leader.

Government Structure: Republic
Current President: Bernard Douglas Papogos
Economy: Capitalist
Current Capitol:
Race: Human
Racial: Prodcution/Research Mix

(12-22-2013 11:32 AM)Troy TB34 Wrote:  I would hold out until at least 6...8 is beautiful Smile

Ya...well just have too make sure everyone promises too follow that rule...and that shipments are specified, also...merchants have too travel back home too restock if they want too deliver more (too prevent supply camping)

I'm looking forward too getting this rolling once we get more people. Lol mines not as creative as yours....I'm obsessed with learning about WW2...based mine off Germany and took the name of Spain's dictator at the time hahaha which also happens too be my name in Spanish class.

I sure hope we don't start bordering hahaha in Jester's my empire was EXTREMELY anti-Cyban as a result from a prio invasion by them in my bio....guess who started next to me? A Cyban Eden Tongue

Troy, used some of the greatest allied generals names from ww2 Wink

Welcome aboard!

Jesus. This match is going to be a anti-cyban bloodbath.

Lol it always is... Tongue my arch nemesis (eden) and my traditional ally (zg) in one game lol this should get interesting...shame my race plans too crush ALL...I pity those who stand in the way of the Reich's Intergalactic War Macine!!!! MWAHAHAHA Tongue

All I need is a mammoth named after Bismark and I'm set lol 2 spots left right?

Woah...sure are alot of humans haha the other races are gonna have too fight too avoid extermination
I'm familiar with Dougals...but whose Papagos and Bernard? Big Grin
Nvmd hahaha blond moment...Papagos was Greek...and Bernard is Montgomery's first name. I should be ashamed of myself for forgetting lol Tongue
Haha I guess this is what heppans when you stay up until 2 AM watching "Band of Brothers"....nonetheless impressive name ZG Tongue goodnight you all

"We're not retreating, we're simply advancing in another direction!" - Oliver P. Smith

Game Center: Troy tbUSA
12-24-2013, 12:45 AM
(12-23-2013 05:25 PM)Troy TB34 Wrote:  
(12-23-2013 02:10 PM)Spifomie Wrote:  
(12-23-2013 01:09 PM)ZacharyGermain13 Wrote:  Hey I would like to join:

We are the galactic republic, our commandos are feared everywhere, we had a massive fleet capable of taking down anyone in our way. Then, the Imperium came along from no where and assassinated our leader. So we ran away into hiding. We are anti-alien making our race very selective and have a great dislike towards other races to the point of murder, due to a Cyban killing our greatest leader.

Government Structure: Republic
Current President: Bernard Douglas Papogos
Economy: Capitalist
Current Capitol:
Race: Human
Racial: Prodcution/Research Mix

(12-22-2013 11:32 AM)Troy TB34 Wrote:  I would hold out until at least 6...8 is beautiful Smile

Ya...well just have too make sure everyone promises too follow that rule...and that shipments are specified, also...merchants have too travel back home too restock if they want too deliver more (too prevent supply camping)

I'm looking forward too getting this rolling once we get more people. Lol mines not as creative as yours....I'm obsessed with learning about WW2...based mine off Germany and took the name of Spain's dictator at the time hahaha which also happens too be my name in Spanish class.

I sure hope we don't start bordering hahaha in Jester's my empire was EXTREMELY anti-Cyban as a result from a prio invasion by them in my bio....guess who started next to me? A Cyban Eden Tongue

Troy, used some of the greatest allied generals names from ww2 Wink

Welcome aboard!

Jesus. This match is going to be a anti-cyban bloodbath.

Lol it always is... Tongue my arch nemesis (eden) and my traditional ally (zg) in one game lol this should get interesting...shame my race plans too crush ALL...I pity those who stand in the way of the Reich's Intergalactic War Macine!!!! MWAHAHAHA Tongue

All I need is a mammoth named after Bismark and I'm set lol 2 spots left right?

Woah...sure are alot of humans haha the other races are gonna have too fight too avoid extermination
I'm familiar with Dougals...but whose Papagos and Bernard? Big Grin
Nvmd hahaha blond moment...Papagos was Greek...and Bernard is Montgomery's first name. I should be ashamed of myself for forgetting lol Tongue
Haha I guess this is what heppans when you stay up until 2 AM watching "Band of Brothers"....nonetheless impressive name ZG Tongue goodnight you all

Thnx Troy, and r u going to name anything after Wilhelm I?
12-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Nope, all yours if you want Tongue

I might take Goerring, or Romnel later Smile

"We're not retreating, we're simply advancing in another direction!" - Oliver P. Smith

12-24-2013, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 03:08 AM by ZacharyGermain13.)
But Wilhelm I was the first German Emperor and who Bismark liked. Unlike his son, Wilhelm II who dismissed Bismark and started WWI.

And I forgot to mention that papagos led the Greeks against the Italians and won Smile...
The first real victory against the axis, and made the Germans attack them, letting the Russians have 6 weeks for more troops and armor to be prepared before Operation Barbarossa.....
Therefore significantly helped to win the war Smile
12-24-2013, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 10:22 AM by Troy TB34.)
Ya...though the Germans couldn't have gone 6 weeks earlier even if the Italians had won, their was a HUGE shortage in troop transports and other infantry ferrying trucks...when they started Barbarossa their was still a need for some causing some delays in advancement for Infantry units. Too the Germans, it just ment more time too allow for trucks too be sent too the front, all the units that the Getmans sent made it too the Russian front in good time, the German High Command felt the troops sent too Greece weren't even vital too the Invasion of Russia after seeing the failure of Russian Forces against Finland earlier, an they were partialy right. The Soviet Army was very poorly organized and was reeling from Stalin's purge. (The guy was as bad if not worse then Hitler, the Wermact was at first seen by many as liberators until the death squads came...) It wasn't until Allied supplies and the Siberian troops started arriving that things began too turn around. Not too mention the Volga in Stalingrad froze over allowing troops too flood across rather than take ferries. The Germans still had a chance, but Hitlers continued intervention and meddling combined with the general in charge of Stalingrad refusing too breakout despite orders too (He was a nazi, his superior was not) ment that the Germans would be doomed, especially after Kursk when Hitler ignored his General in charge who despite proposing the battle, quickly changed his mind.

While Papagos's victory was surely magnificent, in hindsight it is predictable, the Italians lacked sufficient equipment and what they had was extremely outdated and/or faulty. They also lacked capable leadership at most if not all levels and their was no proper coordination of air and ground/ Naval forces at any point in the war. On many runs, the Italians actually bombed themselves. This combined with lack of training and experience ment the Italians had really no chance too make any real offensive against anyone with hopes of succes, only through shear numbers and luck could an Italian unit under WW2 Italy take any objective. Put them up against a veteran Greek army under strong leadership with British supplies and the outcome becomes clear.

True, I just don't think he did much (Wilhelm)...He was surely better than his son, but Bismark seemed too be the one doing all the work. Smile

Now the 101st holding of Bastogne was something special. Every single member of the division argues they never needed too be "rescued" by Patton's 3rd Army. The 101 broke the back of Hitler's last and largest offensive on the Western front post-Normandy, thus ensuring the Germans wouldn't regain the Initative. Big Grin

I think the only battle that really won a whole front was Midway (Naval, Pacific), otherwise it seems the war was won in other places by a combination of factors and battles. Smile

12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
True, but the Greeks refused to give in, and besides, what they really gave to the allies was the much needed moral increase that the failed invasion of Greece gave.
And I never said Wilhelm I was better than Bismark, just a good leader, maybe name a cruiser after him....
12-24-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 11:36 AM by Troy TB34.)
Haha idk about the cruiser Tongue maybe a merchant ship Big Grin
Oh...you have a reputation too! And so does Eden! Tongue
Hi Astari! You want too join? Assuming you haven't already...haven't checked the members list...we have one slot available! Smile
Nvmd lol you already posted your bio and everything haha sorry Big Grin

12-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh, btw my in game name is Metarok. Sorry for confusion. Smile
12-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh! That makes so much more sense now lol Smile haha mind blown