Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v0.9 General Feedback
02-05-2014, 05:20 PM
v0.9 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the release testing group should use to provide general feedback for v0.9 of Naval Tactics: Captains of the Spanish Main.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: v0.9 General Feedback
It does feel weird that completely shredding an opponent's sails doesn't have any effect until the next round. I understand why it's done that way so it doesn't cause a whole line of crashes if you do it to the first ship in the line, just feels weird.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
02-08-2014, 05:26 AM
You've been busy roc! Can I still call it ship game Smile

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2014, 07:05 AM
It will always be "ship game" to me Shy
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Found a bug! Or a typo, one of the two.

When selecting upgrades for a ship while designing your fleet, Chaser Guns says you get 2 14 pound cannons. If you actually select it, when you get into the game you actually have 2 9 pound cannons. Stern guns says you'll get 2 9 pounders there. Dunno if the Chasers is showing the wrong size, or giving the wrong size.

02-08-2014, 11:23 AM
I'll change then to 14s, they kinda weak as is for the price.
02-11-2014, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 04:59 AM by VanderLegion.)
Any thoughts on a variation of Battle Royale with 3 teams of 2 players?
Or maybe instead of a 3 team Battle Royale it'd jsut be a 6 player version of Devil's Triangle?

02-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Yup, that'd be easy enough to implement.

One of the things I love about NT is the mission mechanic, there are a lot of possible growth in adding new missions.
02-11-2014, 12:18 PM
It would be nice if, when a game ended, it showed up under Your Turn one last time so you actually got the Victory or Defeat screen. Right now it just goes straight to completed games as soon as the game ends, so if the opponent took the last action, you don't even get notified the game ended, you only know/find out the results if you actually go look in the completed games.

02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
(02-11-2014 12:18 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  It would be nice if, when a game ended, it showed up under Your Turn one last time so you actually got the Victory or Defeat screen. Right now it just goes straight to completed games as soon as the game ends, so if the opponent took the last action, you don't even get notified the game ended, you only know/find out the results if you actually go look in the completed games.

Hmm... has that been a problem in SO? Or is it just that those games end much less frequently.