Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v0.9 General Feedback
02-14-2014, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 01:19 AM by rocco.)
RE: v0.9 General Feedback
(02-14-2014 12:58 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I would actually discourages more than 1v1 in random. I tried, and never completed, a single MP game in SBO with random matches. With 1v1, you have a much higher chance of actually getting a game moving. It is easy enough to get a 3+ player game going in chat, if that is what you are looking for.

Well, as mentioned before the matching system in SO is flawed in its own way. This one, hopefully not as much. If anything, it would be good to throw in a 3-player Devil's Triangle just to see how successful it is.

Quote:I just wanted to mention now that I am thinking about it that my phone has been significantly less hot and battery power extended greatly by the new option settings. I have been playing on low-everything and it still looks great to me, but I did grow up an 8-bit child so am easy to please. Good job!

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2014, 02:33 AM
Card request - I keep accidentally pressing a card to use, or select one to use and realize that it isn't ideal. The only way to back out (that I am aware of) is to keep the app, and force-close the game, and restart. I'd like to drop a card down and pick it up at any point during my turn.

For example, I might choose favorable wind, only to find that the card doesn't get me where I want to go (so I might as well not use it). Or 100 percent aim + shred sails isn't enough to take down a mast, so maybe save one or both of the cards for later. Or even lamer, I am looking at what cards I have, and I accidentally press a card. I've done that a number of times. Doh!
02-14-2014, 02:41 AM
(02-14-2014 02:33 AM)Diebo Wrote:  The only way to back out (that I am aware of) is to keep the app, and force-close the game, and restart.

You can press the little arrow button to go back to the MP menu, and reload the game. No need to quit the entire app.

But I do agree it would be nice to have a "card undo".
02-14-2014, 05:17 AM
I just got a "bull***t OP cards. I prefer a tactical combat game" in a chat stream, after I used favorable winds to get into position, and shred sails and 100% accuracy to take down the opponent's mobility.

Point: There should be the option to play with or without cards as a option. I don't think I would ever *want* to play without the cards, but there is probably a vocal (and vulgar) subset of the population that would prefer that.
02-14-2014, 05:32 AM
After reading this thread I am dying to play this game! ETA on release date?
02-14-2014, 05:39 AM
(02-14-2014 05:17 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Point: There should be the option to play with or without cards as a option. I don't think I would ever *want* to play without the cards, but there is probably a vocal (and vulgar) subset of the population that would prefer that.

I hear you. I could add it as an option to custom games, but it would just be on custom games. Auto-matched games and the Captain's Arena would always have cards on. In that light, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Since custom games are between you and your friends, I would think it be easy enough to agree at the start of the game to simply not use the captain's cards. It's like sitting down to play a game of Monopoly with your friend and choosing to ignore Free Parking.
02-14-2014, 05:40 AM
(02-14-2014 05:32 AM)Craigt78 Wrote:  After reading this thread I am dying to play this game! ETA on release date?

"Spring 2014"

Angel
02-14-2014, 06:07 AM
(02-14-2014 05:39 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 05:17 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Point: There should be the option to play with or without cards as a option. I don't think I would ever *want* to play without the cards, but there is probably a vocal (and vulgar) subset of the population that would prefer that.

I hear you. I could add it as an option to custom games, but it would just be on custom games. Auto-matched games and the Captain's Arena would always have cards on. In that light, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Since custom games are between you and your friends, I would think it be easy enough to agree at the start of the game to simply not use the captain's cards. It's like sitting down to play a game of Monopoly with your friend and choosing to ignore Free Parking.

True enough. I have no problem with that - and like I said, I would always want the cards.

This brings up a second point. Same (unnamed, cowardly, quick-to-anger) player knew they were a goner due to my abusive card wielding tricks, and quit. I didn't get a victory, because the victory conditions hadn't been met yet. Twice now. Ugh.

Could cases where people quit on you be considered a "victory" in terms of how it is listed, but only give you 0 or 10 points? I'd be happier with that. My log shows a list of red shame, filled with failure. Green lines of joy are rare beacons of brightness.
02-14-2014, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 06:40 AM by rocco.)
(02-14-2014 06:07 AM)Diebo Wrote:  True enough. I have no problem with that - and like I said, I would always want the cards.

This brings up a second point. Same (unnamed, cowardly, quick-to-anger) player knew they were a goner due to my abusive card wielding tricks, and quit. I didn't get a victory, because the victory conditions hadn't been met yet. Twice now. Ugh.

Could cases where people quit on you be considered a "victory" in terms of how it is listed, but only give you 0 or 10 points? I'd be happier with that. My log shows a list of red shame, filled with failure. Green lines of joy are rare beacons of brightness.

Can you submit a bug report on the game in question?

From looking at your profile history, I see only one victory with +0 EP, and that looks like it was right before your arena game. If that's the game in question, you didn't bump up against the cheat detector, you bumped up to the fact that normal games will not award you EP above 300 points.

[edit] I see two victories with +0 EP, but the second won is right after an Arena win. So that one is definitely related to having over 300 EP [/edit]
02-14-2014, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 07:09 AM by VanderLegion.)
Speaking of Arena, I wonder if it might be worth upping the max amount of EP you can get from non-arena games. As it stands, it costs 300 EP to start an arena match, and 300 EP is the max you can get. If you win your arena match, great. If you lose, you're back to 0 EP and have to play a bunch more non-arena games before you can do another match. And if you don't start an arena match immediately when you hit 300 EP, you lose any EP you would have gained from games played in the meantime (I lost out on 130 EP because i didn't realize I was at 300. maybe something should notify the player when they hit the ability to arena?).

Even if you win your first arena match, if you lose the next one (assuming you havent played enough games in between while at <300 EP from joining a match), you're back to not being able to play another until you play more games.

Maybe allow gaining up to 450 EP from games? That gives you some leeway from finishing games between actually hitting 300 EP and starting an arena match, and if you win 1 match then lose the second, you're still able to queue one more time (assuming you'd maxed out). If you lose another game, then it's not so bad to have to play some more non-arena to catch back up (assuming you haven't already while the arena game(s) were going).
And actually, looking again it looks like you're arena points aren't taken away immediately when you queue for a match (still shows you at 300), so you can't even work on gaining back some EP in the meantime while you wait.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion