Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
feature request - orbital stats
02-13-2014, 04:40 AM
feature request - orbital stats
For the whipping post - would it be possible to get status of orbital builds somehow?

starbase 1-3 could be shown on the galactic map to choose where to send ships for repair (or once we've scouted a planet or know SB II was there last time we visited)

Bonus would be show the star base as fleet when tapping on a system or wherever else adding some graphics might make sense
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 05:41 AM
RE: feature request - orbital stats
Yes, can't always tell warp gate 1 from warp gate 2 either. Though it can be deduced.

GC ID: E45y Rid3r
Season 1 Saturn Division Champion
06-04-2014, 12:24 AM
This raises the larger request. If you ever know about a ship or a planet, shouldn't the system keep track of that for you?

Currently, if you pull back (lose a system or vacate the population) - you lose that name on the map and have to click manually on all the planets to recall which one is where, etc...

Is this on the WP already roc - either for 1.2.3 or later 2.0?
06-04-2014, 01:02 AM
(06-04-2014 12:24 AM)bmike Wrote:  This raises the larger request. If you ever know about a ship or a planet, shouldn't the system keep track of that for you?

Currently, if you pull back (lose a system or vacate the population) - you lose that name on the map and have to click manually on all the planets to recall which one is where, etc...

Is this on the WP already roc - either for 1.2.3 or later 2.0?

Not sure I follow; if you explore a system, colonize it, and abandon it, you still see it.

Ships are different, and don't get flagged that way.
06-04-2014, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 02:12 AM by bmike.)
Here's a specific example from a Game I'm in.

There's a star named morgan with two planets.

It's out of my current range since I abandoned a planet (perseus) that to retreat / deny it from an opponent with troop ships and I didn't want to defend that planet. I explored morgan once I colonized perseus but now no ships can reach it.

Under the galaxy list - morgan shows up and I can see that it's "out of colony ship range" yet when I look at the map - the text "morgan" isn't drawn. I have to tap on all the un-named stars until I find the one that is morgan and then it tells me the details of the system.

I figure once I know that that exact star is morgan - the text should render and it should be labelled in the overall map with text despite it being "out of colony ship range). Your call if you denote the range with modified text or just expect us to use the color toggle / grid toggle / no range toggle to determine range.

Basically - all planets known to me under galaxy - please label them on the main map. (is my request for enhancement / bug)
06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
(06-04-2014 02:11 AM)bmike Wrote:  Here's a specific example from a Game I'm in.

There's a star named morgan with two planets.

It's out of my current range since I abandoned a planet (perseus) that to retreat / deny it from an opponent with troop ships and I didn't want to defend that planet. I explored morgan once I colonized perseus but now no ships can reach it.

Under the galaxy list - morgan shows up and I can see that it's "out of colony ship range" yet when I look at the map - the text "morgan" isn't drawn. I have to tap on all the un-named stars until I find the one that is morgan and then it tells me the details of the system.

I figure once I know that that exact star is morgan - the text should render and it should be labelled in the overall map with text despite it being "out of colony ship range). Your call if you denote the range with modified text or just expect us to use the color toggle / grid toggle / no range toggle to determine range.

Basically - all planets known to me under galaxy - please label them on the main map. (is my request for enhancement / bug)

That's much more specific, thanks. Will look into it.
06-04-2014, 10:21 PM
A related request: it'd be nice to be able to sell starbases, warp gates and nebula generators just like other buildings. They cost maintenance and would be worth a few hundred GC each when sold so there are times when it might be relevant.

GC ID: anthee999
06-05-2014, 12:08 AM
(06-04-2014 10:21 PM)anthee Wrote:  A related request: it'd be nice to be able to sell starbases, warp gates and nebula generators just like other buildings. They cost maintenance and would be worth a few hundred GC each when sold so there are times when it might be relevant.

And scrapping them for cash before an opponent takes your system. I'd say lots of times when it would be relevant.