Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello all!
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Hello all!
Nice to meet you all here. I got my start with these forums and with Rocco's incredible games with Naval Tactics. Now I have heard so much about SO I thought I would give this a try as well. It has been a while since I played a real 4X so I am very.... VERY nervous. In fact I am positively certain I will have my ass handed to me. I have no idea what to do, and it seems so daunting even after reading the incredibly informative guide by Anthee (thank you btw!). But at the same time, it seems so fun. So deep and exciting. I hear this is an excellent community, and I hope to become one of you soon.

In perusing the forums here, I came across a couple posts where people are talking about getting mentored, or playing games with veterans who can teach you what to do through actually doing it, and stuff like that. I am totally down for that kind of play in the beginning, and hope to make some new friends. PM me here, I guess, if anyone is interested in taking me under their wing. Other than that I guess the only way to handle this is to just dive in!

Hope to see you guys in game.

~Endyr
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Hello all!
Welcome to Starbase Orion! None of the ships have sails, but at least there are some water planets Wink
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
haha hello Rocco, thanks for the warm welcome. Happy to be here! Perhaps we can play a game sometime, provided you arent too busy of course Smile
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Endyr,

What is your screen name on SO? I'll be happy to play a few with you to get you in the right direction :-)

Also, you can go into group chat in the game, and just ask people the same, you'll be pleasantly surprised how many are willing to play/help.

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon