Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sanctioned Piracy Bug
08-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Sanctioned Piracy Bug
Possible bug with piracy? I took an enemy planet and stole research II, but sadly I can't build them because I never got research I. Shouldn't stealing the higher level of something automatically give you the lower levels, otherwise it's kind of pointless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: Sanctioned Piracy Bug
Please submit the game as bug report.
08-14-2014, 04:45 AM
Same thing happened to me, I'll report that as well
08-14-2014, 05:06 AM
(08-14-2014 12:01 AM)Usal Wrote:  Possible bug with piracy? I took an enemy planet and stole research II, but sadly I can't build them because I never got research I. Shouldn't stealing the higher level of something automatically give you the lower levels, otherwise it's kind of pointless.

I would almost argue that this should be working as intended. As a pirate, just because you steal something doesn't mean you'll understand how to use it Tongue

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
08-14-2014, 05:12 AM
(08-14-2014 05:06 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(08-14-2014 12:01 AM)Usal Wrote:  Possible bug with piracy? I took an enemy planet and stole research II, but sadly I can't build them because I never got research I. Shouldn't stealing the higher level of something automatically give you the lower levels, otherwise it's kind of pointless.

I would almost argue that this should be working as intended. As a pirate, just because you steal something doesn't mean you'll understand how to use it Tongue

Lol. Good point.
08-14-2014, 05:31 AM
(08-14-2014 05:06 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  I would almost argue that this should be working as intended. As a pirate, just because you steal something doesn't mean you'll understand how to use it Tongue

The people on the planet you just captured know how to use it.
08-14-2014, 05:37 AM
(08-14-2014 05:31 AM)Davabled Wrote:  
(08-14-2014 05:06 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  I would almost argue that this should be working as intended. As a pirate, just because you steal something doesn't mean you'll understand how to use it Tongue

And another good point!
08-14-2014, 05:41 AM
This issue was discussed back when spying stole tech you couldn't use, I believe it was determined that you should get to use the tech you stole. Essentially, I would label this a bug if it is not acting like spying does, as they both should be using the same code.
08-14-2014, 06:28 AM
(08-14-2014 05:31 AM)Davabled Wrote:  

Pff, you just conquered their planet. You think they're gonna help you more than they have to? Tongue

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
08-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Hmm, seems to be calling for a new 'torture indigenous population' action

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)