Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live streaming 48 hour game competition this Friday - Sunday!
08-21-2014, 06:01 AM
Live streaming 48 hour game competition this Friday - Sunday!
Greetings Emperors!

Your own most favorite, most tenacious, most dastardly, most humble (*cough*) indie game developer will be participating in the Ludum Dare competition this weekend. LD is a "make a game from scratch in 48 hours" competition and starts Friday @ 9pm EST.

I will be streaming live for the entire duration of the contest on Twitch.tv; please drop by the stream during the contest, say hello, ask me anything, etc. It will be a long 48 hours, and I can use your support Smile

Twitch Live Stream (starting Friday @ 9pm)
http://www.twitch.tv/indygamedev

Ludum Dare Contest Site
http://www.ludumdare.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: Live streaming 48 hour game competition this Friday - Sunday!
(08-21-2014 06:01 AM)rocco Wrote:  Greetings Emperors!

Your own most favorite, most tenacious, most dastardly, most humble (*cough*) indie game developer will be participating in the Ludum Dare competition this weekend. LD is a "make a game from scratch in 48 hours" competition and starts Friday @ 9pm EST.

I will be streaming live for the entire duration of the contest on Twitch.tv; please drop by the stream during the contest, say hello, ask me anything, etc. It will be a long 48 hours, and I can use your support Smile

Twitch Live Stream (starting Friday @ 9pm)
http://www.twitch.tv/indygamedev

Ludum Dare Contest Site
http://www.ludumdare.com

Sweet. Good luck! I'll try to stop in and say hi

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
08-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Good luck! I think somewhere in there someone forgot to schedule in sleep.

The meek (and most humble) shall inherit the Earth. Or at least become reincorporated back into it. Hopefully you'll inherit the title of 2014 Ludum Dare Winner.
08-22-2014, 08:34 PM
What is your expected caffeine intake during these 48 hours, Rocco? Smile

GC ID: anthee999
08-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Hahaha, there is a "no limits" policy in effect for caffeination this weekend Wink

Ludum Dare is just 10 hours away, this is going to be epic.
08-23-2014, 02:41 AM
(08-21-2014 06:01 AM)rocco Wrote:  please drop by the stream during the contest, say hello, ask me anything, etc.

Hey Rocco, are you done yet?

Hey, Rocco, are you done yet?

Hey, Rocco, are you done yet?

</sarcasm> Tongue
08-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Well, that took longer than expected, but I think I've finally settled on an idea. Here it is, let me know what you think:

To recap, the theme is "Connected Worlds". Lots of people are taking that literally (as in, two planets connected in some fashion), I have gone at it from an abstract level. In essence, I want to do a game which exposes the multiple "worlds" of nerdy fandom; namely, comic books, science fiction, and high fantasy. These vastly disconnected worlds mesh in the minds of nerds around the world; think of this as distilling the feel and mood of the "Big Bang Theory" down into a game.

As to the mechanics of the game, I am thinking a collectible card game where each card has three faces; one "comic book" face, one "Sci-fi" face, and one "fantasy". Some mechanic (a card, random timer, not sure yet) flips the cards to a new setting; one turn you're playing out comic heros and the next turn its elves and dwarves. Of course, the card will not retain their same value, so the landscape of the game will change dramatically after one of these shifts.

Ok, that's it. I had a few other ideas, but they were all too cliche for me.
08-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Tis a nifty concept. Will be interesting to see how it works out. I still enjoy the concept of having a trooper all of a sudden become a catgirl Tongue

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
08-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Might be because I'm in the middle of watching a Star Trek movie, but makes me think of 3D chess, with each board level being a representing one of the 3 "worlds".
08-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Bailing on this idea, doing something different.

Sad