Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shield Modulation not working.
08-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Shield Modulation not working.
I just got the game and I tried building nebulas in all my systems and installing the shield modulation on all my ships and star bases. My star based have shields but my ships don't. The only guess I have is my star base also had shields level 4. I am trying to figure out if I need higher level shields. The other thought I had is my ships don't have shields at all but on the creation screen they have a shield rating. So do you need anything special to make shield modulation work like a certain shield level or other equipped item, is the ship having shield points when I don't have a level1-4 shield a bug, or did I miss something?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: Shield Modulation not working.
Sounds like those are your existing ships that was built prior to you reconfiguring the ships to have the modulators. Unlike starbases, ships don't get upgraded automatically on the fly. You will need to scrap them and rebuild them. Scraping and rebuild is the mechanism to "upgrade" your ships.
08-31-2014, 08:22 AM
(08-31-2014 07:57 AM)Darkvalor Wrote:  I just got the game and I tried building nebulas in all my systems and installing the shield modulation on all my ships and star bases. My star based have shields but my ships don't. The only guess I have is my star base also had shields level 4. I am trying to figure out if I need higher level shields. The other thought I had is my ships don't have shields at all but on the creation screen they have a shield rating. So do you need anything special to make shield modulation work like a certain shield level or other equipped item, is the ship having shield points when I don't have a level1-4 shield a bug, or did I miss something?

You need shields for shield mod to work. Doesn't matter the level.

There is a display bug where if you put shields on a ship, and take them away, it still shows the shield value in the ship screen. But it isn't really there. As it shouldn't be, because you don't have shields installed.

Put any shield, and shield mod unit, in the system slot of a ship. You should be able to see functioning shields in a nebula. I haven't run into any problems with that anyway.
08-31-2014, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 11:05 AM by Davabled.)
(08-31-2014 07:57 AM)Darkvalor Wrote:  .... my ships don't have shields at all but on the creation screen they have a shield rating....

There is a bug in the ship design screen, whereby if you add shields to a ship design, and then remove the shields, it still displays a value for the shields instead of resting the value back to zero like it should.